Q:

My .25 Vulcan

Well it is officially 7:30 am here in West Central Wisconsin. My Vulcan is being pulled off the Postal truck now and will be available for pick up at the post office when they open. Plan is to head out to my buddy’s place and strap the MTC Viper Connect on top, get her dialed in and hit the woods for a squirrel hunt. Saturday was opener here and he and I bagged 9 Greys and a fat hopper with the Disco and my .25 Prod. (Pics to come)I figure I’ll deal with all the crony stuff a bit later today and get to drawing some blood first. Probably just dial in with light Kings firs as the seem to be a good pellet in the Vulcan from what I have read…too ready been too long…can’t wait I’m like a kid on Christmas! :7: :8:

Airgun Technology

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6
quote Hoot:

:hoot:

My dear Fam-Man…

Feel no shame. Moses had the same problem in the Sinai. How was he to know it would take 40 years to reach Israel…especially after departing home with great urgency, a large group, and no time to obtain sufficient traveler’s checks! Further, one must recall in those days, there were no machines in such remote locations with which to swipe your credit card.

In the “Cash and Carry” culture of that time and location, he too had his hands full.

Kind regards,

Uncle Hoot:

“Why…I remember being so poor, we used to squeeze the shit out of our chicken to make chicken soup, because we needed to get as many meals as physically possible out of that bird, Being that it was the only one we had!”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Installed my Atlas Bi pod today and ran a clip or so of the 25.4 Kings and the Heavies over the Crony just for reference..I’ll crony song strings after reg settles etc. Right now the Heavies are between 803-810fps and the Kings were 908-915.. accuracy is stunning. Love this gun!!

My dear Fam-Man…

Feel no shame. Moses had the same problem in the Sinai. How was he to know it would take 40 years to reach Israel…especially after departing home with great urgency, a large group, and no time to obtain sufficient traveler’s checks! Further, one must recall in those days, there were no machines in such remote locations with which to swipe your credit card.

In the “Cash and Carry” culture of that time and location, he too had his hands full.

Kind regards,

Uncle Hoot:

“Why…I remember being so poor, we used to squeeze the shit out of our chicken to make chicken soup, because we needed to get as many meals as physically possible out of that bird, Being that it was the only one we had!”

quote Hoot:

Dear Fam-man…

What happened to your right index finger?

Hoot:

Magnificent Uncle :hoot:
Shit stains…couldn’t afford TP after Vulcan and lead…

quote AJ3:

Family Man

The end of your barrel is different from my 25 Vulcan received back in June…does yours have a special moderator adapter installed or is it stock?. If stock, there has been some mod by the manufacturer.

Thanks…

That has to be a 1/2 X 28 thread adapter he got from the dealer. John Hagan makes them too, so you can remove that cap and expose the male threads for your LDC. That adapter screws directly into the shroud and replaces the OEM end cap.

Hoot:

Family Man

The end of your barrel is different from my 25 Vulcan received back in June…does yours have a special moderator adapter installed or is it stock?. If stock, there has been some mod by the manufacturer.

Thanks…

You would have to have one of these Connect scopes in your hand or on your rifle to appreciate it. It’s a great scope. You really don’t even notice that your eye is so close when shooting.

It looks whacked but the FOV is pretty impressive on that scope. I didn’t realize that its almost double other scopes at 3x. What magnification do you use it on and at what ranges?

Dear Fam-man…

What happened to your right index finger?

Hoot:

That is how this scope is made..for low recoil rifles only..the zero eye relief allows for over double the feild of view through the scope. I love it the repeatablity is stellar ..resting your eye or nose against the scope assure the exact same alignment each shot..like the kisser button on my bow. I was hesitant at first but fell in love with it. The feild of view had me out shooting my buddy all day, he kept losing the nutters up in the trees and having to re scope… :rofl:

FM you seem to have your eye jammed into scope. Is the eye relief this bad on this thing. Looks very uncomfortable for shoot that way.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Very nice write up FM. What did that squirrel ever do to you??? How do you like your connect? The one I had I loved I just couldn’t get it focused for my eye. Hated to get rid of it. As soon as it cools down we have around 40 red tails we’re going to drop for a Thirsty Thursday cook out.

quote jfrazier30:

Where did you find the foster adapter? Was it included?

Yes it was from Peter at Topgun Airguns.

Well first off something always has to go wrong or its just not a normal day in my life… Hill pump blew base O ring.. not too big of a deal but still had to field strip and repair from my Back pack on my buddy’s porch. Next apparently the two O rings on the fill probe were damaged too so I replaced them as well. Got er pumping..and pumping…and pumping…finally I was pleased to see my Hill pump was indeed able to reach a full 250 bar fill. I set up a target at 35 yd and went to work. well I shot once anyway… high bout 6 in and 1 in left… Upon cycling the bolt for my second shot I jammed up and somehow double loaded.. :banghead: After some choice words I was back in action. The ping does not seem too big a deal to me especially if it will quiet in time as reported bye many. The gun it self seem back yard friendly to me, we were shooting with a decibel meter app about 1 ft from the muzzle and consistently got 85-87 db this is with Petes shroud mod not sure the before readings… As for accuracy…this thing is fucking phenomenal!!! right out of the box it was stacking dimes or better with 3/4 pellets shot Polly Mags were about nickel sized. To my surprise the new JSB Heavy pellets were top dog with this particular set up one holing all day with only our own human error killing the perfection, and damn do the smack with authority!! I was seeing 50 plus shots from 250 bar before POI drift!!! I am very very pleased to say the least. with the 4pm sun sinking I hit the back 80 to find a nutter or two to sling some lead at. About 6 pm I started to hear some activity brewing nearby and I felt the adrenaline building..next thing I know two grays come racing around a large oak 60 yd out from my cover. They were chasing each other around the trunk and chattering up a storm. I whistled and they froze clung to the tree facing downward. The one highest up rocketed up the tree in an instant, but the other hesitated..I couldn’t see his head just belly and front quarter. I let the 34 gr JSB rip with confidence and was rewarded bye the satisfying audible THUD we all know so well. He was knocked from the tree with authority and didn’t as much as flinch after he slammed to the forest floor..I waited about 10 min and curiosity got the better of the first fleet footed acorn thief as I noticed movement in some branches way atop a maple roughly 30 yd out. the wind was causing a constant and predictable sway to this little camper high above me. I leaned into the adjacent tree and deployed my shooting stick, it was a tuff shot considering the steep angle and wind but this thing was a damn laser so I squeezed slowly…the pellet tore through the air hammering the little shit into a free fall that made we wince as his lifeless body met the ground at the base of the tree. Two down and losing light fast I decided to call it a night. I am totally in love with this little Pup..it is one hell of a shooter and so damn small. The action is improving too the more I shoot. Here are some pics with some groups and some highlights from day 1 with my new .25 Vulcan. This thing fucking rocks!!! :8: :8: :8: :horse: Walking out I stumbled across some Chicken of the Woods too just may go back and cut em off. The pellet is a JSB Heavy I managed to recover shot from the Vulcan thru two pieces of plywood and lodged into an old archery block, notice the nice rifling on the pellet.

If your gun will be as great as mine you will not be able to keep your hands off of it. Congrats

Everyday is a great day to be off work, just ask me….. 😀 Looks real nice FM, hell I can’t wait for you to shoot it so hurry up!!

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.