Q:

My .25 Vulcan

Well it is officially 7:30 am here in West Central Wisconsin. My Vulcan is being pulled off the Postal truck now and will be available for pick up at the post office when they open. Plan is to head out to my buddy’s place and strap the MTC Viper Connect on top, get her dialed in and hit the woods for a squirrel hunt. Saturday was opener here and he and I bagged 9 Greys and a fat hopper with the Disco and my .25 Prod. (Pics to come)I figure I’ll deal with all the crony stuff a bit later today and get to drawing some blood first. Probably just dial in with light Kings firs as the seem to be a good pellet in the Vulcan from what I have read…too ready been too long…can’t wait I’m like a kid on Christmas! :7: :8:

Airgun Technology

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6
quote benj397:

SUCCESS!!!!!

I put the allen wrench in each screw and gave the wrench a couple taps. Then when I tried to unscrew them there was a “snap” and they unscrewed. Put them back in finger tight.

I installed Ernest’s guide and the 5/8 OD X 3/8 ID grommet. (Lowes carries the Hillman brand too)

No twang but I still have the hammer slap. Now we need to find a way to quiet that.

Benj, relax you’ve just got rid of the biggest problem we’ve had with this gun. Enjoy it and shoot my man….

quote Sir Ville:

Use ear plugs Man. Ear plugs is the answer.
And a tap of anti-seize on those bolts , in fact all bolts where steel is threaded into aluminium.

Good idea Ville on the anti-seize…. I just VERY lightly tighten the screws, but this may just help.

quote benj397:

I still have the hammer slap. Now we need to find a way to quiet that.

:hoot:

There is no cure for hammer slap. We tried for years with the Talon. It could be muffled by an O-ring in the hammer face, but never silenced. It is a curse of a mechanical valve that physically has to exist. If you effectively muffle the hammer impact, your valve will not properly open. The only good news is that noise doesn’t carry far…a few feet at best.

Hoot:

Use ear plugs Man. Ear plugs is the answer.
And a tap of anti-seize on those bolts , in fact all bolts where steel is threaded into aluminium.

SUCCESS!!!!!

I put the allen wrench in each screw and gave the wrench a couple taps. Then when I tried to unscrew them there was a “snap” and they unscrewed. Put them back in finger tight.

I installed Ernest’s guide and the 5/8 OD X 3/8 ID grommet. (Lowes carries the Hillman brand too)

No twang but I still have the hammer slap. Now we need to find a way to quiet that.

quote Zonk:

I just got back from the Tractor Supply store, guess what I found??

yep they had them in stock.

:hoot:

Ernest should pick up a handful of those and sell them with his Delrin guide as a kit….but not before he comes out with a single shot tray for the Vulcan .25…just saying…

Hoot:

C’mon Zonk, shoot it indoors with your hearing aids turned on.
I just picked up the identicle brand and size grommets at Lowes.

Ok so I installed one grommet to test for ping. Took it out back behind the barn to get out of the wind so I could hear it better. Wow what a difference, really quiet. So like Hooters suggested maybe two’s better. So apart came the gun and I installed the second grommet. What little ping was left this really did make a difference.

I then crono’d around 100 shots to make sure it didn’t affect the velocity, all’s good. I did put silicone grease inside and out on the grommet. I figured it would help keep it from binding on the spring.

quote eelect:

quote Sir Ville:

I never got off. And never will ! 🙂

Ville you will one day get off the juice. Just a matter of time before Dr will tell you or your pine box!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Never ! What do those damn Doctors know? Nothing !

quote Zonk:

Ville your nose is growing!!

That’s not my nose …

I just got back from the Tractor Supply store, guess what I found??

yep they had them in stock.

Ville your nose is growing!!

quote Sir Ville:

Ville you will one day get off the juice. Just a matter of time before Dr will tell you or your pine box!

quote eelect:

quote Sir Ville:

And i don’t like any of you. Irritating bunch ..

Now Ville we all know that just not true.

Would i ever lie to you guys ? 😉

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.