Q:

Don Cothran-2240 PCP tube w/Don Cothran power valve

only thing I had to put on the tube was a .177 barrel and bnm breech. scrounged a hammer and spring for it also. I had shot this a valve a couple times with my 25 cal barrel full power it’s monster. I’ve stuck a couple o-rings in front of the stem. That slows it down some. Transfer port .180, and a cut up hipac 3k spring. I chronyed a mag full of 8.44 jsb. Filled it 2900 no gauge with this setup so no end pressure. 1st shot chronic err one of the chrony thing was in the shade I guess. Pulled it out in the sun light started over with a full 2900.
1. 1141
2. 1100
3. 1051
4. 1014
5. 977
6. 925
7. 894
8. 822
9. 796
10. 770

Other Guns

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

1 2 3

Finished up the 2240 SS copper trigger gard carbine have leapers 10×50 on temporary. 37″ long 7.7 lbs shooting 18.13 gn @900+ fps. So far pretty sweet shooting .

quote Thehunter:

That looks really good! Kinda rustic

thought I’d brighten it up some.

That looks really good! Kinda rustic

Trigger guard together and roughed in.

Thanks Tom. I talked to Sergio a couple weeks ago, said he would try to get the barrel and stuff done last week. I forgot that my 2240 tubes weren’t cut off the same length. Ended up having to go back and glue about 1/2″ piece back on the end of this stock lol. got ah boo,boo.

Lookin’ good!!

1/8″ copper Trigger guard for the next repurposed Disco stock now drying from it’s last staining.

Yest it does!! I was kicking around a similar build, but in .25. But another project came up! :rofl:

Looks pretty good with the bigger tank.

quote Caboose212:

YES!! That looks fantastic!! I’m glad that worked well for you!! That barrel band was from a Disco Double build- I had the double tube barrel band, so I didn’t need the single tube band… That is looking sweet!!

Thanks T. It’s a sweet shooter slinging 10.5 a 1000+ at 1800 psi just put one past the chronograph. need to round up some heavier pellets.

YES!! That looks fantastic!! I’m glad that worked well for you!! That barrel band was from a Disco Double build- I had the double tube barrel band, so I didn’t need the single tube band… That is looking sweet!!

quote Caboose212:

Sweet!! I will certainly trade!!! I’ll PM you my info. I’ll have your barrel band in the mail tomorrow!

Your barrel band hard at work.

Sweet!! I will certainly trade!!! I’ll PM you my info. I’ll have your barrel band in the mail tomorrow!

quote Caboose212:

is that a 13xx bnm barrel band? For use w/a shroud?

Yep.

is that a 13xx bnm barrel band? For use w/a shroud?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

1 2 3
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.