Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Don Cothran-2240 PCP tube w/Don Cothran power valve

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Don Cothran-2240 PCP tube w/Don Cothran power valve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    miksatx
    Participant

only thing I had to put on the tube was a .177 barrel and bnm breech. scrounged a hammer and spring for it also. I had shot this a valve a couple times with my 25 cal barrel full power it’s monster. I’ve stuck a couple o-rings in front of the stem. That slows it down some. Transfer port .180, and a cut up hipac 3k spring. I chronyed a mag full of 8.44 jsb. Filled it 2900 no gauge with this setup so no end pressure. 1st shot chronic err one of the chrony thing was in the shade I guess. Pulled it out in the sun light started over with a full 2900.
    1. 1141
    2. 1100
    3. 1051
    4. 1014
    5. 977
    6. 925
    7. 894
    8. 822
    9. 796
    10. 770

miksatx
    Participant

ok this morning i got up swapped a bunch of parts. pulled one o-ring from out in front of the hammer. added a 13 ci 2k regged bottle. run 1 mag of .25cal 19.91 h&n pellets.
    1. err

miksatx
    Participant

Back with a new look still looking to put a .22 barrel. Has a slow air leak most likely from my lousy drill job for the adapter. Still a work in progress.

Added a cf tube off another useless barrel. Don’t notice it shooting any better with the cf tube.

Trigger guard fashioned from 1/”8 copper a beat down piece of 8ga sterling silver half round wire.

thehunter
    Participant

Is that a 2240 in a disco stock? How’d you do that?

miksatx
    Participant
    quote Thehunter:

Is that a 2240 in a disco stock? How’d you do that?

Like this.

thehunter
    Participant

Just drop in a mrod trigger? It will work with the hammer? I may have a new project…

miksatx
    Participant
    quote Thehunter:

Just drop in a mrod trigger? It will work with the hammer? I may have a new project…

You will need a hammer with a filled slot Or no slot at all. I just fill mine with copper wire and jb weld. All though this pix is of a 13xx hammer but it shows how I filled the slot.

thehunter
    Participant

That doesn’t sound that difficult. Some lead wire, job weld, and some time at the bench with a dremmel or file. Thanks! :biggrinn:

miksatx
    Participant

Probably hardest will be finding a stock with the screw thingies. I’d like to get some .22 hollow point slugs for when I get a accurate .22 barrel. Right now with the .177 setup with a 2000psi. regulator it spits out 10.5 crosman 1000+fps and seems to like them as mush as the JSB 8.44 exacts.

thehunter
    Participant

I’ve always found crosman barrels like crosman lead. Was that hammer polished? Sorry for taking this thread, but I am thinking about doing some polishing (trigger sears, hammers, tophat, etc.) tomorrow, and I’m not sure if a case tumbler setup for brass 5.56 shells will hurt the metal in anyway. Should I use the case cleaning liqiud that I use for the 5.56 shells? I can’t immagine that would hurt it, but I just want to stay on the safe side.

miksatx
    Participant
    quote Thehunter:

I’ve always found crosman barrels like crosman lead. Was that hammer polished? Sorry for taking this thread, but I am thinking about doing some polishing (trigger sears, hammers, tophat, etc.) tomorrow, and I’m not sure if a case tumbler setup for brass 5.56 shells will hurt the metal in anyway. Should I use the case cleaning liqiud that I use for the 5.56 shells? I can’t immagine that would hurt it, but I just want to stay on the safe side.

what are you using for tumbler media? Walnut shell? I bought a .22 crosman barrel from BNM Only to find out later it wasn’t choked. The bore looks as good as the bore on my .25 marauder barrel. But JSB 18.1 crosman 14.3 and h&n 14.66 all practically free fall through the barrel lol. I see mr hollow point has larger diameter .22 slugs.

caboose212
    Participant

Do you need a barrel shroud barrel band? I have one sitting here not being used… Seems like kind of a waste that you have a breech set up for a shroud, with no shroud!

miksatx
    Participant
    quote Caboose212:

Do you need a barrel shroud barrel band? I have one sitting here not being used… Seems like kind of a waste that you have a breech set up for a shroud, with no shroud!

Sure why not if your not using it. I’ve got a shroud barrel band for 13xx that I’m not using want to trade?

caboose212
    Participant

is that a 13xx bnm barrel band? For use w/a shroud?

miksatx
    Participant
    quote Caboose212:

is that a 13xx bnm barrel band? For use w/a shroud?

Yep.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar