Yukon 1.5×42 NVRS

Home Forums General Optics/Nightvision Yukon 1.5×42 NVRS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dagorich
    Participant

Would the 5x lens from the Yukon Ranger work with Yukon NVRS?

walkonking
    Participant

Hi Rich,

Glad you found us. I can’t answer your question but we have a several people here who can. I am sure they will chime in soon.

dnc
    Participant

Is the ranger any good? I was thinking about buying one.

dagorich
    Participant

Glad to be here Adam, thanks. dnc I’ve read good reviews on the Ranger, but I haven’t received it yet. Should be here this week.

yellow-ninja
    Participant
    quote DagoRich:

Would the 5x lens from the Yukon Ranger work with Yukon NVRS?

The NVRS (Rifle scope) lens is built into the unit, the Ranger is a screw off kind. They are not interchangable like the ranger and the NVMT (monocular) lens’s are. It would take a LOT of modification to make a ranger lens work with a NVRS, I’m not saying it cannot be done, but I really wouldnt recommend it nor attemopt it myself.

Yukon do however make a “doubler” that will give you higher magnification designed specificallt for the NVRS,

http://www.opticsbestbuy.com/YUKON-NVRS-Magnification-Doubler-2.5×50-to-4.3×50-29091.html

The ranger is a very nice monocular, a bit large compared to a tube based monocular, but the image is much better than a gen 1. I think you saw the thread on the ranger already, but here it is for anyone else interested.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=566

And here is a picture of the mounting method I briefly mentioned in PM (I’ve bene looking for this picture for weeks).

Way too high for me… but others might not mind so there it is.

dagorich
    Participant

Thanks YN for the info. The Ranger is on its way, should be here this week. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.