Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

XP airguns ranger 45 caliber 36inch barrel MONSTER !

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns XP airguns ranger 45 caliber 36inch barrel MONSTER !

Viewing 7 posts - 181 through 187 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    bogman
    Participant
    quote Dan H:

I hope it really works great for you and that you are happy with it … after being stood up by xp airguns the way you were … you deserve to have a really nice gun and that bushbuck looks like a winner / copy of a ranger to me ……

Thanks, Dan! I’m stoked to try it out. The accuracy is supposed to be great. I don’t know what the max fill is. Kip recommended two different pressure settings: 3,800 and 4,100, depending on the bullet used. We were talking accuracy vs. raw power. Since there’s no regulator … you know, gotta find that sweet spot. It gets really hot here, at times over 100 degrees F, so I never max fill air guns. I red-lined a Royale years ago getting it too close to max. and had it climb to the danger zone later that day 😯 . Mind you, the bottle/tank wouldn’t burst, but if it was shot, the valving could get trashed/or stuck.

I’m planning on hunting white-tail deer out here; my place is crawling with them. Unlikely any shot will be over 75 yds, as the brush is dense, terrain hilly and lots of trees.

dan-h
    Participant
    quote bogman:

quote Dan H:

I hope it really works great for you and that you are happy with it … after being stood up by xp airguns the way you were … you deserve to have a really nice gun and that bushbuck looks like a winner / copy of a ranger to me ……

Thanks, Dan! I’m stoked to try it out. The accuracy is supposed to be great. I don’t know what the max fill is. Kip recommended two different pressure settings: 3,800 and 4,100, depending on the bullet used. We were talking accuracy vs. raw power. Since there’s no regulator … you know, gotta find that sweet spot. It gets really hot here, at times over 100 degrees F, so I never max fill air guns. I red-lined a Royale years ago getting it too close to max. and had it climb to the danger zone later that day 😯 . Mind you, the bottle/tank wouldn’t burst, but if it was shot, the valving could get trashed/or stuck.

I’m planning on hunting white-tail deer out here; my place is crawling with them. Unlikely any shot will be over 75 yds, as the brush is dense, terrain hilly and lots of trees.

I can’t wait see your new gun ! cause you know I felt bad about yourself and other’s who looked at my threads on these forums got exited about the gun… ordered one waited patiently …. only to get let down by xp … atleast AOA and extreme now have guns that people can buy for real with NO year waiting list ..

here is what I want you to do since you can shoot that gun at 4100 psi … you should order the same bullet mold that Charlie and I bought for the .416 bullet and the .348 cussell … you can order one mold with both bullets in it .. those 2 bullets will kill those deer like nothin … the design works great with the TJ barrels they are accurate flat nosed designed for killing big game …. go back through this thread and read up on casting bullets just remember if you cast some to use 7 hardness on the lead or below …maybe even pure lead … that is what I used 7 hardness and it works right with that barrel I imagine you have TJ …. this will make it a lot cheaper for you to shoot ,and have fun with that gun …. 😉

you can also get 454 round ball mold from lee ..these are real cheap to buy ……. this round ball will screem like hell out of that gun at 3500psi and below ..and is a great plinking fun to shoot cheaper shooting round …. 😆

I will keep and eye on this thread … if you need help/have any questions on casting these … I will help you out …

bogman
    Participant

Thanks Dan! A guy named Andy shot three wild hogs with one bullet, using a Ranger. He and I were emailing regarding pressure, bullets, etc. It was so long ago, new info from you will be welcome. Casting would be a new project, but one I want to do, both for the Bush Buck and a .25 slug gun Dyotat built which swaps tanks to shoot kings.

Any idea what’s up w/ Charlie?

jdnc
    Participant

I keep checking this thread to see if there is any new info about XP and I guess the business is dead and gone.

I waited for over two years before I ever saw my Ranger 45, and now can’t locate a replacement main spring. I may have some custom made and will cost me a fortune.

Dan H, could you advise your spring specs? Mine is 0.473x.0.059×7.750. Actually the length is supposed to be 8.250″ but it has set now. My Ranger is a 28″ barrel so I don’t get the velocities your getting. With a 370gr FN I get around 820 fps with a 4300 fill. I can tell when it’s valve locking as you can here a sort of ringing noise as I fire.

If you now where I can purchase springs please advise. And yeah, where’s Charlie?

JD

jdnc
    Participant

I might add I get higher velocities with a delrin spacer I machined to take up the 1/2″ space left after the spring set. The rifle will cock on high but has very little travel after cocking. But now I’m back to 4500 psi without valve locking. Not that I use this pressure but at 4300-4400 it’s ka-boom open!

bogman
    Participant

You might try calling Airguns of Arizona and talk to Kip. There may be a way he can help, especially if he has any connection w/ Dan of XP.

dan-h
    Participant
    quote JDNC:

I keep checking this thread to see if there is any new info about XP and I guess the business is dead and gone.

I waited for over two years before I ever saw my Ranger 45, and now can’t locate a replacement main spring. I may have some custom made and will cost me a fortune.

Dan H, could you advise your spring specs? Mine is 0.473x.0.059×7.750. Actually the length is supposed to be 8.250″ but it has set now. My Ranger is a 28″ barrel so I don’t get the velocities your getting. With a 370gr FN I get around 820 fps with a 4300 fill. I can tell when it’s valve locking as you can here a sort of ringing noise as I fire.

If you now where I can purchase springs please advise. And yeah, where’s Charlie?

JD

Charlie is on the mrod thread … he lost 1 eye and is having a hard time with vision these days …said to report this for me … a champion 1000 yard shooter he was ,and helped me out a lot with his vast knowledge … as he did with others on here and the other forums he was on …

on the spring thing I maybe able to get some from someone who makes springs … C.ALLS on gta forum has quite a bit of spring knowledge on these big bores …. give me a little bit of time … I think I can get some made

Viewing 7 posts - 181 through 187 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.