Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

XP airguns ranger 45 caliber 36inch barrel MONSTER !

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns XP airguns ranger 45 caliber 36inch barrel MONSTER !

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    dan-h
    Participant

I tried to get ahold of Dan Mcvey on his email …. and I have NO response at all … kinda sucks … I was thinking about ordering another gun . Hatsan has a new hurcules gun that is coming out it looks to be a real bad azz ! and it is multi shot from 17- 45 cal here it is and a few others ..hatsan is really upping there products I could buy a few of the new ones all day long ! I am going to get a gladius or bull-boss for sure

bogman
    Participant

Hi Dan, pm sent. If anyone has info on XP/Dan Mcvey, please share.

dan-h
    Participant
    quote bogman:

Hi Dan, pm sent. If anyone has info on XP/Dan Mcvey, please share.

Ok here is the deal from what I can figure out he is selling his guns the Ranger 45 through AOA it’s been renamed the bushbuck 45 …. and it’s dam expensive now around $2000…. sorry to tell ya that I wish he/they would have handled their bizz better …. or maybe something major has happened to cause this ….

I know a few years back he was talking about selling his guns this way …but back then it was just talk … his corsair is being sold now through beeman as the badger .40 cal … that’s all I know for now …

SO…. I hope this helps all the guy’s who left me pm’s on this situation on ordering a gun from him and then never hearing from him/them again …. myself promoting his guns has left me in a bad spot of sort’s with little info ….

tkerrigan
    Participant

I just went to his site and the price was $1400 plus $150 for the longer than 28″ barrel and it came with an unfinished stock. That makes the $1895 price not too bad, he may have had to raise the price of guns if he was still selling direct anyway. Regards, Tom

bogman
    Participant

Yeah, his web site is up but try emailing him. This is what I got:

“Your mail message to the following address(es) could not be delivered.
    This is a permanent error. Please verify the address(es) and try again.

<dan@xp-airguns.com>:
    child status 100…The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user’s mailfolder is full.”

Doesn’t appear to be an active business. Dan, did you get to speak with Dan M., or how did you discover this? Thanks!

tkerrigan
    Participant

A good way to tell if Dan M built the .401’s would be if on the bottom of the action there is an aluminum plug in line with the transfer port. I can’t recall if the Quigly was built like that now, hell getting old. Dan H does the Ranger have a plug in line with the transfer port? Anybody, does the Bushbuck have that also? If Dan M is definitely building the Bushbucks, or sold his technology, I’ll be buying one. The only .45 I’ve had was a Gargoyle, and I would like to have a Ranger or equal. Regards, Tom

dan-h
    Participant

ya Dan Is making the bushbuck 45… got confirmation through the pm grape vine on 2 forums and he is making the badger .40

I payed $1200 for the 36inch barrel with- out the stock …. I put my own custom cnc-ed designed Richards micro fit tiger thumb hole stock on the gun I cut the inlet myself …. if I would have ordered a 28 barrel with stock the price was $1200 and now the 30 barrel bushbuck is around $2000.

bogman
    Participant

This is what I got in an email from AoA, who sells the Bushbuck; they claim it is not from Dan Mcvey:

“Thank You for your inquiry on the Bush Buck 45. This rifle is not a creation of Dan M. It was created out of the need for a High power,
    High quality production Big Bore air rifle. If one looks closely at all Big Bore air rifles on the market they have some similarities. The Bush Buck
    Is its own gun and if compared to others on the market one will quickly see the the high quality and elegance that sets it aside from others.
    Not to mention the accuracy that rivals high powered center fire rifles. With that said we have rifles in stock to sell upon your request.
    As for moderators we do not offer them on the Big Bore rifles. The price for the walnut stocked rifle is 2155.00 Plus 58.00 Shipping.
    We sell a 240 Gr Bullet that performs well on a low power fill of 3000psi. And a 365 Gr bullet that works well on a high power fill of 3800-4100 psi
    Let me know if you would like a Bush Buck rifle.
    Kip

Thank You,

Sales Department
    Airguns of Arizona”

dan-h
    Participant
    quote bogman:

This is what I got in an email from AoA, who sells the Bushbuck; they claim it is not from Dan Mcvey:

“Thank You for your inquiry on the Bush Buck 45. This rifle is not a creation of Dan M. It was created out of the need for a High power,
    High quality production Big Bore air rifle. If one looks closely at all Big Bore air rifles on the market they have some similarities. The Bush Buck
    Is its own gun and if compared to others on the market one will quickly see the the high quality and elegance that sets it aside from others.
    Not to mention the accuracy that rivals high powered center fire rifles. With that said we have rifles in stock to sell upon your request.
    As for moderators we do not offer them on the Big Bore rifles. The price for the walnut stocked rifle is 2155.00 Plus 58.00 Shipping.
    We sell a 240 Gr Bullet that performs well on a low power fill of 3000psi. And a 365 Gr bullet that works well on a high power fill of 3800-4100 psi
    Let me know if you would like a Bush Buck rifle.
    Kip

Thank You,

Sales Department
    Airguns of Arizona”

trust me it is the ranger 45 …. I have seen some blown up pics …. plus from someone I will not mention that would really know …

butcher45
    Participant

Sounds like they bought the rights to it.

sirjeigo
    Participant

I wonder how it compares to the airforce texan. I shoot 405 grain .457 bullets at 900fps

dan-h
    Participant
    quote sirjeigo:

I wonder how it compares to the airforce texan. I shoot 405 grain .457 bullets at 900fps

HA ! HA ! OH REALLY ! the ” stock ” Texan is a 3000 psi max fill ! you will never shoot a 405 g bullet at 900 fps ! I am calling B.S on this one ! :tag:

here is a link to the Texans performance sheet airgun depot

http://www.airgundepot.com/airforce-texan-air-rifle.html?avad=194169_bac865d1

the Texan shoots a 405 g round nose bullet shoots … 1st shot 750 …. 2nd shot 735 ! :rofl: right off there spec sheet !

ok maybe sirjeigo got a bit mixed up with the 143g round ball the Texan shoots at 905fps …. my ranger will shoot that roundball at around 1200 fps ! across the Prochrono 😉

I have my ranger now shooting 416g flat nose at just over 900fps across my Prochrono with 4350psi 36inch barrel :mrgreen:

this is on air … on helium figure around 1050 -1100 fps

bogman
    Participant

Well, I spoke with one of the designers of the Bush Buck .45 and ordered one. It is definitely not a Dan McVey gun, although it has some similar components. Kip, one of the designers (the other is a machinist), owns all the big bores, including a Ranger. He took apart all the guns he has, DQ, Sam Yang, Ranger, etc. and decided what he liked best in each gun and changed other components. One difference with many rifles is there is no safety; you de-cock the gun to put it in a safe state. (Like an Edgun, Cricket, etc.)

The valving is different from a Ranger, earlier prototypes had to be scrapped/redesigned. Apparently, the Bush buck likes a fill of 3,800 psi for most slugs at either power level. Like a Ranger, it does have a couple power settings.

Anyway, Kip was kind enough to spend quite awhile discussing the evolution of the Bush Buck and details about it, including his extensive hunting experience with it. He took an early model to the Extreme Bench Rest, so that may be where the confusion of it’s origin arose. It does have some similar-looking features.

It’ll be a couple weeks before mine arrives. After waiting four years for a Ranger… finally, a .45! Hell, I’ve had ammo for three years.

dan-h
    Participant
    quote bogman:

Well, I spoke with one of the designers of the Bush Buck .45 and ordered one. It is definitely not a Dan McVey gun, although it has some similar components. Kip, one of the designers (the other is a machinist), owns all the big bores, including a Ranger. He took apart all the guns he has, DQ, Sam Yang, Ranger, etc. and decided what he liked best in each gun and changed other components. One difference with many rifles is there is no safety; you de-cock the gun to put it in a safe state. (Like an Edgun, Cricket, etc.)

The valving is different from a Ranger, earlier prototypes had to be scrapped/redesigned. Apparently, the Bush buck likes a fill of 3,800 psi for most slugs at either power level. Like a Ranger, it does have a couple power settings.

Anyway, Kip was kind enough to spend quite awhile discussing the evolution of the Bush Buck and details about it, including his extensive hunting experience with it. He took an early model to the Extreme Bench Rest, so that may be where the confusion of it’s origin arose. It does have some similar-looking features.

It’ll be a couple weeks before mine arrives. After waiting four years for a Ranger… finally, a .45! Hell, I’ve had ammo for three years.

3800 psi ? that is the mid power on the ranger ! ha ! the gun looks like a direct copy of the ranger 45 … now a good scource told me that Dan was the one making the guns …. :rofl: …. I kind of doubt that person is wrong … because the badger looks to be Dan’s corsair and he himself told me he wanted Beeman to sell one of his gun’s … and now wouldn’t you know it Beeman is now selling the badger /corsair …. and if you look at both manufactures of both guns they are made in America …. there maybe a reason AOA denies this who know’s … and if for some reason the one close to the manufacture has not given me the correct information and they have it appears copied the ranger 45 … the Bushbuck will not match in fpe at 3800 psi if that is what it is set up to be at the top pressure shooting … than the true xp ranger 45 shooting with 4350 psi … trust me I have shot the hell out of the gun at all shoot-able pressures ….and again 3800psi is mid power on my gun ..I have 3 power settings on my ranger not 2 … there is no way possible to move my 416g or the 348g bullet faster at 3800 psi you will lose 60-75 fps at that pressure 3800 compared to 4350 psi …… but here is the good news for you my ranger still shoots like a monster at 3800 psi with the 348 g …. so I don’t think at all that you buying this gun is a mistake …. I hope it really works great for you and that you are happy with it … after being stood up by xp airguns the way you were … you deserve to have a really nice gun and that bushbuck looks like a winner / copy of a ranger to me ……

bogman
    Participant
    quote Dan H:

I hope it really works great for you and that you are happy with it … after being stood up by xp airguns the way you were … you deserve to have a really nice gun and that bushbuck looks like a winner / copy of a ranger to me ……

Thanks, Dan! I’m stoked to try it out. The accuracy is supposed to be great. I don’t know what the max fill is. Kip recommended two different pressure settings: 3,800 and 4,100, depending on the bullet used. We were talking accuracy vs. raw power. Since there’s no regulator … you know, gotta find that sweet spot. It gets really hot here, at times over 100 degrees F, so I never max fill air guns. I red-lined a Royale years ago getting it too close to max. and had it climb to the danger zone later that day 😯 . Mind you, the bottle/tank wouldn’t burst, but if it was shot, the valving could get trashed/or stuck.

I’m planning on hunting white-tail deer out here; my place is crawling with them. Unlikely any shot will be over 75 yds, as the brush is dense, terrain hilly and lots of trees.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.