Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

XP airguns ranger 45 caliber 36inch barrel MONSTER !

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns XP airguns ranger 45 caliber 36inch barrel MONSTER !

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    dan-h
    Participant

OK i casted some lee 255 grain flat nose bullets -cross my fingers after 452-sizing these shoot good , so then we will have a good low-mid power rocket bullet , for the ranger 45.

i lined up the 255-348-416 g bullets

dan-h
    Participant

OK i have some test results on the lee 255 grain flat nose , the 4 shots at the top circle , were shot 2 mil dots high centering on the circle in my scope , then after knowing where they were hitting the next 2 lower circles , i put the circle in-between the 1st mil dot and the second mil dot looking through my scope . i think my shooting was better on the lower hole , after warming up on the upper 2 circles .

now i kept the gun teathered up , and kept the air pressure right at 3000 psi on low power at just over 900 fps , for each shot , so i could get some consistant conditions for a good test of this bullet , distance was right at 50 yards , i think this bullet is a keeper at this point , these were sized to 452 .

butcher45
    Participant

Some questions: Range? Power level? Fill Pressure? Velocity?

dan-h
    Participant
    quote BUTCHER45:

Some questions: Range? Power level? Fill Pressure? Velocity?

Butcher …..i just finished up that post with the info …. your timming is perfect 😆 😆 😆

roachcreek
    Participant

Dan,

I just got back last night, the bullets were here, I have not shot them yet, but it looks like you have a winner there. Fine job of casting also.

Thanks much, I will try them in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Roachcreek

dan-h
    Participant
    quote roachcreek:

Dan,

I just got back last night, the bullets were here, I have not shot them yet, but it looks like you have a winner there. Fine job of casting also.

Thanks much, I will try them in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Glad to hear you got those , i hope they work well in your gun, like they are in mine .

i have another bullet Charlie -the 255 grain Lee that seemed to shoot very well at 3000 psi low power , i just casted another 10-lbs today of the 255 grainers ,

i also took some harder foam board drilled a bunch of holes in it -to store the sized bullets when i travel so they do not dent up , i used another harbor freight case for this set up also , bauer cases gave this foam stuff at there factory, they are one of my clients , they make killer water proof gun cases that cost to much money ! 😆 i just might have to buy one for the ranger 😆

dan-h
    Participant

Here is a pic of the case / foam squares with bullets in them , they are stacked 3 deep in each tray , right a 150 bullets in each yellow tray /box.

dan-h
    Participant

I went out shooting the ranger today , I put about 300 rounds through it using 2 tanks , shooting tethered , the gun shot really good using all bullets , the nice thing about tethered up to a tank is shooting from high psi/ high power , then as the pressure goes down change to lighter bullets low power starting at 3300 psi with 255 grain lee bullet/round ball at well over 900 fps

aakanshayadav
    Participant

i am also too excited to see the pisten gen .it’s looking very nice i like this gun and i want to run and play this types of guns.

dan-h
    Participant

my gun is still performing great with well over 1000 shots now , the ranger 308 will be interesting , if Dan comes out with it

dan-h
    Participant

How’s everyone doing ???? , i have not been here for a bit , to busy doing the jet ski thing , now that ,that season is over i am back shooting my guns 😆 a pic from this summer ridding fun for you guys to enjoy just for fun !

my XP Ranger is still working great , blasting big holes at will ! ! 😈 😆

MT Saint helens yale lake

Lake Billy Chinook central Oregon
    a pic of me and my standup ski’s fun ! fun !

tofazfou
    Participant

Nice to see you back Dan. hell, you left like whodini and i just thought to myself……….”OOHHHH OOOOOOHHH, Somethings wrong with his gun.

Thanx God its not.

So come on……..post up some blasting pics and vid

dan-h
    Participant
    quote Tofazfou:

Nice to see you back Dan. hell, you left like whodini and i just thought to myself……….”OOHHHH OOOOOOHHH, Somethings wrong with his gun.

Thanx God its not.

So come on……..post up some blasting pics and vid

Ya …all is well with the gun ….how is your shoebox doing ?

tofazfou
    Participant

doing great actually. just rebuilt it last week for the 1st time. that was fun

dan-h
    Participant
    quote Tofazfou:

doing great actually. just rebuilt it last week for the 1st time. that was fun

ya they are fun ! fun ! to rebuild …did you see my thread on piston mods making them bullet shaped on the ends …then bore sighting the pistons for alienment ? that made a HUGE difference in how long they last .

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.