Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Workshop Pictures

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists Workshop Pictures

This topic contains 82 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  rrdstarr 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)
  • Author

marc

Those hurco’s are nice and accurate little machines!! You’ll soon be in buissiness!!

Regards,

Marc

colinb
    quote Marc:

Those hurco’s are nice and accurate little machines!! You’ll soon be in buissiness!!

Regards,

Marc

to be honest theres not a huge amount left of the original hurco

just the main casting really and refurbed ballscrews and linear slides

the bed, spindle and electronics are all being ditched for 5 axis table, high speed spindle and new computers running AC servos

blackops

WOW guys those are some really, really nice shops!!!

Jim.

knifemaker

Here is a set of 2 hp. 2×72″ belt grinders that use in the shop. They are full variable. One is a Dc. Drive, while the other is a newer variable frequency AC drive. We use mostly ceramic carbide belts on these stee hoggers! [/img]

knifemaker

Here is what I do with them. I start with 6 ft. bars of Jet Turbine Steel ordered directly from the manufacturer. These are a double hollow ground “Fighters” in Ancient African Bull Elephant Ivory. [/img] And these in Ancient Mammoth Ivory. [/img]

rabbits

knife maker tell me one thing mate how hoch do these knife come in at i would love to have a knife like that for the skinning and gutting off my kill 😀

walkonking
    Participant

I see Bob Loveless really is a big influence on you. No one better to emulate thats for sure.

I use to collect years ago and still have one Bowie from Rick Browne and a Tanto from Kieth Coleman both guild members.

Love your work….very impressed.

justforfun

Those are some great knives you make. Would you post a photo of you cutting out the ivory?

Roy S.

quote knifemaker:

Here is what I do with them. I start with 6 ft. bars of Jet Turbine Steel ordered directly from the manufacturer. These are a double hollow ground “Fighters” in Ancient African Bull Elephant Ivory. [/img] And these in Ancient Mammoth Ivory. [/img]

knifemaker
    quote rabbits:

knife maker tell me one thing mate how hoch do these knife come in at i would love to have a knife like that for the skinning and gutting off my kill 😀

Hey Rabbits! The collectors have really run the prices up. The Ivory Fighter, (The Larger One) Would probably re-sale for around 4,000.00 to 5,000.oo US. The set in Mammoth would bring at least 5000.

The after market is crazy these days.

None of these Knives are hunters, but I do make several Lovett-Loveless connection Hunters. The prices are very much less. Usually around 600. from me, and about 1000. from a dealer. Still a lot of money. Fewer and fewer people use a Lovett, much less a genuine Loveless. Here is a Pic of a few Lovett-Loveless Connection Hunters. Mike [/img]

knifemaker
    quote WalkonKing:

I see Bob Loveless really is a big influence on you. No one better to emulate thats for sure.

I use to collect years ago and still have one Bowie from Rick Browne and a Tanto from Kieth Coleman both guild members.

Love your work….very impressed.

Hey Adam! Rick is still at it and doing great work. In fact his Slip Joing Folders are FANTASTIC!!!

knifemaker
    quote justforfun:

Those are some great knives you make. Would you post a photo of you cutting out the ivory?

Roy S.

quote knifemaker:

Sorry, I don’t have any pics of cutting Ivory. It is cut with a re-saw blade on the bandsaw. All shaping is done on the 2×72 belt grinders, which are variable speed to prevent burning, cracking, and checking, which is so common with old Ivory. I would like to stress that all Ivory used here in Lovett shop is Ancient ivory’s. All Legal documented Ivory. It is a beautiful material. Full of color, swirls, and a lot of 3-D depth. Here are the grinders. Mike

justforfun

That is so cool. I’ve had allot of interests over the years and it is so nice to see others.

Makes me think, how much ancient ivory can there still be. It’s not like they are still making it. 🙂

Roy S.

rabbits

thanks mike but for me to spend that much cash on a knife would be daft i9 would love to be able to but cash is tight around this time off year for us all so i,ll be looking at a buck knife as they only run is at £150 for a top notch one .looks wise they don,t match your,s but it,s for hunting not looking at . love the work mate .. 😀

sacshooter

That is one sweet belt grinder 8)

knifemaker

Thanks so much guy’s! Rabbits, there is not a thing wrong with a good Buck Knife. A buck was one of my first hunting knives, and I still have fond memories of it. Wish I still had it! Lost it on a hunt. Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar