Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Working on Bulldog !

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 Working on Bulldog !

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  caboose212 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wll2506

Today was the first day I shot my bulldog, shooting 125gr RNFP’s at around 795fps with two turns of the hammer spring in.

I’m working up the courage to do some drilling and opening up the barrel and valve port to .250 … a little smaller hole than most use but I’m looking for about 835+ fps with a nice bell curve ….. although others are getting that with a .277 through and through hole.

Looking forward to trying BBT’s I got from Nick, Nick also sent some ~130 gr RNFP and some other lighter FP slugs that need to be tried. … those should be a nice weight, especially if I can do the mod and get the speed up on these slugs !

I plan on removing the popit spring too and that will up the speed another 25fps I have heard.

This gun sure is powerful and loud, emphases on both these features …. BTW, I very much like the two stage trigger, very nice for a hunting gun, this is quite a medium game hunting gun for sure !

wll2506

blacktalon6

So I know you have a Condor SS and I would like to ask you how loud is the bulldog compared to the SS ? I know it will be louder just would like to know from someone that has both. Thanks.

roachcreek

I pushed 257420;s @ 800 FPS thru a pre Condor SS with a much more powerful valve, it was a whump noise.

My ported Bulldog is very loud compared to the 257 SS I had. It is not backyard friendly unless your yard is 5 acres or more. It is quiet enough not to need ear protection while hunting, nothing more.

Tearing down and porting the Bulldog is easy. getting it back together is the problem until you learn how. My wife did most of the work on the drill press for me. There is a plastic sleeve in the transfer port on some Bulldogs that you need to take put prior to drilling.

If you read the PA blog today about how more power with a air gun scope does not mean more accuracy. I did the 615 yard 12 oz can in the video with a 4.5×14 Leupold and looking back I now know my retina’s were going south on me during that time.

blacktalon6

:biggrinn:

quote wll2506:

Today was the first day I shot my bulldog, shooting 125gr RNFP’s at around 795fps with two turns of the hammer spring in.

I’m working up the courage to do some drilling and opening up the barrel and valve port to .250 … a little smaller hole than most use but I’m looking for about 835+ fps with a nice bell curve ….. although others are getting that with a .277 through and through hole.

Looking forward to trying BBT’s I got from Nick, Nick also sent some ~130 gr RNFP and some other lighter FP slugs that need to be tried. … those should be a nice weight, especially if I can do the mod and get the speed up on these slugs !

I plan on removing the popit spring too and that will up the speed another 25fps I have heard.

This gun sure is powerful and loud, emphases on both these features …. BTW, I very much like the two stage trigger, very nice for a hunting gun, this is quite a medium game hunting gun for sure !

wll2506

So how is it coming along?

wll2506
    quote Blacktalon6:

:biggrinn:

quote wll2506:

wll2506

So how is it coming along?

I opened up the ports just a bit to .234 and took out the valve spring. I’m now getting over 810+ for 4 shots with 125gr pills …. I will be opening up the ports a bit more. I will also test .356 bullets as advised by a friend to increase velocity a good bit. Been supper busy at work so not much time to play around at the moment ;- (

wll2506

blacktalon6

So would you say this is better then or the same as the evanix rex?

blacktalon6

So have you had a chance to play around with it anymore? If so how do you like it say compared to the condor.

caboose212
    Participant

How similar is a Bulldog’s set up, compared to a Marauder? Bullpup configuration aside. I’m talking main tube, valve, etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar