Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

why am I a dummy ?

Home Forums AirForce Escape/ Escape SS/ Escape UL why am I a dummy ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    boohoo9
    Participant

I like the idea of an Escape with a shrouded 18″ barrel. With the power wheel set to 5-6 it should give 15-20 shots in the 40-50 fpe range.
    I love short, quiet, powerful, and accurate carbines.
    If you have a .25 caliber gun, most will not use it for plinking because .25 pellets are so expensive.
    My thinking is that shot count won`t matter so much with this type of gun.
    Of all the carbines on the market, what would be a better choice.

Sure wish Air Force would offer a factory shrouded P or Escape with an 18″ barrel.
    Don`t fully understand everyone here slamming the P and Escape.
    Then again, I`m not very bright and new to Air Force guns.
    The Condor SS is nice but, I prefer something lighter and shorter.

What say you?.

dyotat100
    Participant

It’s not the talon p it’s the escape. Instead of making something new or fixing what they have, they just take the parts they have and rearrange them, give it a new name call it a new gun.

The Escape is a talonp with a longer barrel. All the frames are the same except the length past the PW and the condor with the scope rail.

They need to rethink there frame and fix the frame flex issue by making it a side cocker. Would make all the difference if they didn’t cut out both sides of the frame.

boohoo9
    Participant
    quote Dyotat100:

It’s not the talon p it’s the escape. Instead of making something new or fixing what they have, they just take the parts they have and rearrange them, give it a new name call it a new gun.

The Escape is a talonp with a longer barrel. All the frames are the same except the length past the PW and the condor with the scope rail.

They need to rethink there frame and fix the frame flex issue by making it a side cocker. Would make all the difference if they didn’t cut out both sides of the frame.

Thanks for the reply.

I do know the difference between the P and the Escape.
    They are still the same gun in different configurations.
    Just wish AF would offer one or both with a factory shrouded 18″ barrel.
    Everyone complains about frame flex but, that effects all AF guns, not just the “so called new offerings”.

Tell me why I would be a dummy if I invested in a P or an Escape.
    You won`t hurt my feelings.

on-the-edge
    Participant

If you do go for the Escape, think about getting a 22CI tank. You will not likely lengthen it because of the adjustable stock and increase your shot count.

talonjim
    Participant

I have a TalonP with a 22 ci tank and i am very impressed with it. I do not see where the Escape is worth the 150-200 more. I do suggest a shroud from R&L or TT as the TalonP is way loud 😯
    Here is my best 6 shot 40 yard group so far.

boohoo9
    Participant
    quote Talonjim:

I have a TalonP with a 22 ci tank and i am very impressed with it. I do not see where the Escape is worth the 150-200 more. I do suggest a shroud from R&L or TT as the TalonP is way loud 😯

Nice group TalonJim.
    I have heard about the 22ci paintball tanks being used on the P. Can the spinlock valve and manometer be switched to the 22ci tank from the P tank. These are two features I like.
    If I decided to settle for a 12″ barrel @ around 50 fpe, would it not make sense to buy the Escape SS because a TT shroud would probably cost $150. or more. Broad as it is long?.

talonjim
    Participant

Nice group TalonJim.
    I have heard about the 22ci paintball tanks being used on the P. Can the spinlock valve and manometer be switched to the 22ci tank from the P tank. These are two features I like.
    Yes it can, easy to remove. See Pandemics videos.

If I decided to settle for a 12″ barrel @ around 50 fpe, would it not make sense to buy the Escape SS because a TT shroud would probably cost $150. or more. Broad as it is long?.
    TalonP is 411.00 + R&L shroud 118.00 still cheaper than the EscapeSS at 617.50. The TT shroud is a little quiter but the R&L shroud is great for the price.

dhoffs
    Participant
    quote boohoo9:

quote Talonjim:

Nice group TalonJim.

Whatever you do.. Do not get a TT shroud for the escape ss .25, I have it and the Condor SS and it deifintely is not the same as the other SS’s in regards to fitting the TT shroud. There is no screw holding the baffles back, just a spacer and the end cap screw is threaded deep. The TT shroud will not seal well on the Escape SS.

pandemic
    Participant
    quote dhoffs:

quote boohoo9:

quote Talonjim:

Nice group TalonJim.

Whatever you do.. Do not get a TT shroud for the escape ss .25, I have it and the Condor SS and it deifintely is not the same as the other SS’s in regards to fitting the TT shroud. There is no screw holding the baffles back, just a spacer and the end cap screw is threaded deep. The TT shroud will not seal well on the Escape SS.

post some pics the tt shroud replaces the ss endcap allowing you to use the baffles installed in the gun along with the shroud

dhoffs
    Participant

ya I get that..and used it on my Condor SS perfectly. I will post some pics when home…but I can say that I tried using the TT shroud, Seal and press-fit pressure from the grub screw alone..no good, and it damaged the shroud.
    If you do not hold the TT shroud tightly with your hand when fired, it will fly off and the baffles / washer will fly out. In fact, I am waiting for new baffles and spacer from AF as we speak.. not that big of a deal as AF is hooking me up no charge, and the rifle can be fired (and is still quite quiet) without the baffles.. but it is a pain, not to mention the shroud and baffles come out with enough force to completely bend the washer.. If you want to use the TT shroud with an Escape SS, you would have to drill a hole to match up with the grub screw that comes off the Escape SS end cap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.