Skip to toolbar
Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Who makes the barrel?

Home Forums AirForce Texan Who makes the barrel?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    pnut
    Participant

Does anyone know who is making the barrel for the Texan? LW?

voltar-1
    Participant

Betting on TJ’s barrel liner like the rest of us use.

dyotat100
    Participant

It’s not a TJ’s. Maybe a couple of the prototypes had them but they don’t want to pay a real price for the barrels. The price they want to pay is not worth it for Mike so they went shopping somewhere else that would meet there price.

To bad because it’s hard to beat his barrels.

chrisyboy
    Participant

Funny I was just reading a post earlier from a guy asking why you should seek to improve on what comes from the factory. I guess this is one of the reasons. Because the factories will always cut corners for profits.

tofazfou
    Participant

100% Lothar Walther guys…………

yoteloco
    Participant

Hope TOFAZFOU sees this post. A question: Many will recommend .458 ammo for a .457 barrel. Your thoughts? And what about when a choked barrel is used? With choked barrel would you want to stay with nominal size? i.e. .457 ammo in the case of a choked .457 barrel. I am on the preorder list at PA since the Texan first came up and am sure I will find out soon enough but am tired of trial and error that results in a lot of bullets I will never use!

yoteloco
    Participant

BTW have not read anything to confirm barrel will be choked but curious either way

dyotat100
    Participant

Slug guns don’t have chokes

yoteloco
    Participant

Right, my other big bore does not, but I have been wondering if the Texan would. It would not be a good idea but my wondering is based on their other barrels. DYOTAT, if it’s a .457 barrel would you suggest .457 or .458 cast bullets?

rj-porter
    Participant

I would suggest 457

dyotat100
    Participant

Need to slug the barrel. Who knows what LW’s .457 really measures.

birdman
    Participant

I’m not big on the new TEXAN , I have nothing worth shooting with that caliber except seals that are between 200 and 300 lbs. that come into the
    Sacramento River in California during the Salmon season from July through December and steal 80 % of most hook ups . The Department of Fish
    and Game would not be too happy with me shooting them . The last guy that shot one last year and did not kill it and got caught was fined $50K
    for it to be brought back to normal health , if he had killed it , it would have only cost him $10K since it was he’s first offense .

kinoko
    Participant

hi all im new to casting my own bullet. what would a choked barrel do the the bullet? i tried a couple design on standard .25 barrel and the bullet ended up spraying all over the place. could that be because of the choke or just wrong measurement? the diameter of the bullet is exactly 6.4mm.

as for texan im hoping to get my hands on one but i just have my doubt on its accuracy and when that happens i wudnt know what to do since im still learning.

the1stkim
    Participant

Its an LW :4:

the1stkim
    Participant

Its an LW :4:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.