Whistling sound while filling the Edge!?

Home Forums AirForce The Edge Whistling sound while filling the Edge!?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    samurai998
    Participant

I just purchased the Edge rifle; actually this is my 3rd Airforce rifle (TSS, Condor, and now a blue Edge) since September of this year. I love all 3, but I may have a defect with the tank valve from the Edge. I’ve filled it a total of 4 times via HPA scuba tank and every time I do so, I hear a whistling sound from the valve stem near the tophat. The sound dissipates once I stop the supply flow from the scuba tank.

I’ve never experienced this behavior with my Talon SS or the Condor, so needless to say, I’m a bit concerned. Is this normal for the Edge?

James

ssshooter
    Participant

Bleed it and send it back.

libertyman777
    Participant
    quote ssshooter:

Bleed it and send it back.

Really? My Hi-Flo valve/tank does this most of the time. No air escaping, but a sound when filling. Maybe my HW100 does it too, I’ll check.

Paul

martindwhite
    Participant

My Edge does not whistle, but makes a high pitch buzzing sound when being filled. I assumed it had to do with the regulator. It has always done it, and has always shot very well.

samurai998
    Participant

I presumed it had something to do the regulator too, but I didn’t want to take any chances. I’ve sent an inquiry to AirForce. I’ll post their response once they’ve replied.

BTW – I didn’t fancy the aperture peep sights so I put a Hawke Swinder Tac (10x) scope on it for experimentation. Holy moly! This Edge is stupid accurate!!! Not tac-driver accurate,…pin hole accurate! I think I have a new favorite rifle.

James

walkonking
    Participant

If it whistles try filling slower, much slower.

samurai998
    Participant

Response from AirForce:

Mr. Han,

Your tank is on its way back to you. There was actually nothing wrong with the tank, our technician told us that these tanks will sometimes whistle when filling because they have a regulator and are much smaller, and the other tanks do not have a regulator and are much larger.

lighthorse
    Participant

Yea I was going to say the same Mine has always made that sound. I just fill a bit slower.

here is my Edge and yes they are very accurate

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.