Which pump?

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Which pump?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jpeg
    Participant

I need to order a pump for the 25 Condor that Tony is building for me.
    Which one is best? Hill, FX, or The Airforce? Who sells Hill pumps in the US?

Thanks, Bruce

walkonking
    Participant

Airguns of Arizona sells the Hill pump under the BSA brand. It is owner repairable and kits are sold. This is a big plus.

riffraff
    Participant

Mac1 pricelist shows the hill pump for $165, but I never called to see if it ws the MK2 pump or what. Excellent price if its the new pump.

To answer your question about what to get, grab a Hill. My AF pump has quit and I never had it long.

dnc
    Participant

Hill.

lockshot
    Participant

I just bought a Hill/BSA from Canfield’s in Omaha, NE. I am really happy with it. Just beware that it requires the purchase of a 1/8 inch adapter for the AF fill adapter. Bought that from Pyramid.

$249 + shipping

They do not have a retail site, but you can get their phone# from their website and call them. I went to their store a few weeks ago for the first time and they are really customer oriented.

http://www.canfields.com

butcher45
    Participant

Another vote for the Hill Pump. It’s the only one I’ve ahd, but I am very happy with it and like the fact I can easily get replacement parts for it.

Get the one with the dry pack on it that removes the moisture from the air.

jpeg
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I’ll check with Mack1

bodhisdad
    Participant

Do you not have a dive or paintball shop near by? I know for the cost of a Hill pump w/ dry pac you could have a 3200psi ali tank. A local fire dept. may also be an option.

daved
    Participant
    quote RiffRaff:

Mac1 pricelist shows the hill pump for $165, but I never called to see if it ws the MK2 pump or what. Excellent price if its the new pump.

To answer your question about what to get, grab a Hill. My AF pump has quit and I never had it long.

Check the date on Tim’s price list, I don’t think it’s been updated in years :-)! Guess he figures fixing and building guns is more important than keeping his web site updated. Later.

Dave

walkonking
    Participant

Don’t forget to take a look at pomona airguns. They usually have a good price and will meet prices.

butcher45
    Participant

Get the pump before the tank. Pumps don’t run out of air, don’t require any money to use once you have it, are more portable, and open for business 24/7.

Plus you can get the tank later, and top off the fill using the pump when the tank is running low.

jpeg
    Participant

Mac 1 does not even carry them now. I called and talked to Tim.
    I have a divers C card so If I come on a good deal on a tank that is an option. Still looking for a pump.

anthony266
    Keymaster

Call Boris at Top Gun..
    He’s a great guy…..

http://www.topgunairguns.com/Page%202.htm

jpeg
    Participant

Canfield’s has none left. Will have to reorder. Likely price increase.

jpeg
    Participant

Thanks Tony, I called and talked to Boras. He is quite a character!

He is waiting on a shipment from Hill. “you never know about those Limeys, they are always late” What a hoot!

$305.00 when they come in.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.