Skip to toolbar

which model of Nightvision is lowest price for airrifle?

Home Forums General Optics/Nightvision which model of Nightvision is lowest price for airrifle?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    andrew-zx
    Participant

Could give me some advice ? Thank U

shadoh
    Participant

The “Elf” is like 99 bucks or cheaper on Ebay. I know some have used that in the past. You can use a cheaper nighvision if you have good IR illumination to light up your target.

yellow-ninja
    Participant

Yukon NVMT would be next step up from the elf for around $180.

I tried to buy an ELF just top try it out, but the order got cancelled…..

I’ve used Yukons and they are very good for Gen 1, Much better than the Night Owl/Bushnells etc. Only Gen 1 I’ve used better than the Yukon was an ATN which cost a lot more and the difference there wasnt that great.

justforfun
    Participant

Just wondering, of the items I see listed, none have cross hairs.

My question is, how do these function as sights on an air gun?

Am I missing something or are these just used to spot game, not to sight in on the game?

Thanks

yellow-ninja
    Participant

You mount the monocular behind the riflescope and use the riflescopes crosshairs to aim.

Give’s a decent picture for a lot less than a dedicated NV riflescope.

(Its less blurry than that in real life, Camera not so good)

Downside is that the eyepeice is pretty far back. Can correct that by mounting the scope further forward which is easily done with the Talon’s, not so easy on other guns.

Or you can use them with a laser.

justforfun
    Participant

YN, thanks for the info.. My small old mind had an issue with figuring that out. I’ll give that a try.

Great ideas here, hope those that have tried it, do not mind if I do also.

dnc
    Participant

BTW. I read somewhere that yukon is coming out with a new dedicated nv scope this march. Its going to be in the $200s.

dnc
    Participant

And it uses the same technology as the ranger. So its light safe.

mrgwn
    Participant

Hi!

I got to say, i use my yukon nv gen1 scope on my crossbow, it works great, i have been using it for a year now and i dont have any complaints.

The night visions that i tried are pretty much all the same….i never used the expensive ones, but as far as the cheap ones go, yukon is a pretty reliable choice.

For a short range hunting/plinking (up to approx. 75meters) its a good scope, but on a proper rifle i believe its powers are limited.

kejano25
    Participant

thanks for the pics yellow ninja!! Where would I find such a product for purchase??

kejano25
    Participant
    quote Yellow Ninja:

You mount the monocular behind the riflescope and use the riflescopes crosshairs to aim.

Give’s a decent picture for a lot less than a dedicated NV riflescope.

(Its less blurry than that in real life, Camera not so good)

Downside is that the eyepeice is pretty far back. Can correct that by mounting the scope further forward which is easily done with the Talon’s, not so easy on other guns.

Or you can use them with a laser.

what is that grey piece?is it a pvc reducer or rubber ?

teflontron
    Participant

They grey part is just a coupling between the NV and the Scope. Or at least that is what I take it as.

yellow-ninja
    Participant

Its just a Rubber plumbing reducer – I borrowed that NV and coupler from Cygnusx. Grey wouldn’t be my first choice – I used a black one with mine but sold it all…

kejano25
    Participant
    quote Yellow Ninja:

Its just a Rubber plumbing reducer – I borrowed that NV and coupler from Cygnusx. Grey wouldn’t be my first choice – I used a black one with mine but sold it all…

regret is the worst part in sales 😥 are you using any nv now?

yellow-ninja
    Participant

I dont have anything at the moment. I’m waiting for Yukon to release a Digital NV riflescope.

If that doesnt show up anytime soon I might get an Elcan Digital Day/Night scope.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.