Where can we buy one of those low tank "re-compressors"?

Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Where can we buy one of those low tank "re-compressors"?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hoot
    Participant

:hoot:

The Air Soft guys use them a lot to bring their toys up to pressure from a tank with less than a full fill.

These are little devices that use remaining air in a scuba tank to recompress what’s left and bring it up to 3000 psi.

I don’t know what they are called, but it would help a lot of us with scuba tanks to wring more fills out of our equipment.

Joe B…why can’t you build something and sell it on your site???

Hoot:

rj-porter
    Participant

Uuuuummmmmm booster pump maybe.

dodge3500
    Participant

Yeah it’s a booster,they can take as little as 500psi and boost it to 3000 even up to 5000 psi.The booster will require a shop compressor to drive it and it will pump your scubas lower psi into another tank and boost it to your required psi you need .I have recently inquired about one that’s 600$ new but they are out of them for the rest of the year.:(Haskel makes boosters if I spelled it right.

dodge3500
    Participant

The guy that made the 600$ booster may not make anymore and if he does they will be more expensive but he didn’t say by how much and he said at least a year before he would even consider making more.:(
    The Haskel boosters are very expensive .
    I was thinking about a mako 3300 psi scuba compressor and booster to easily reach 4500 psi of clean dry air.I had found a mako with only 250 hours and a fresh go over by Bauer for 900$ and add the 600$ booster for an investment of 1500$ for fast reliable air.lol dream got busted quick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.