Skip to toolbar

Where can I buy an 800cc tank?

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Where can I buy an 800cc tank?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dnc
    Participant

I don’t know if this should be somewhere else or not. Does anyone know of an online store that sells 800cc tanks that would work with an airforce gun?

Edit: I cant buy one right now, or in the near future. I just want to know of a retailer that has them.

blackops
    Participant

Who was the guy on here used ot sell the 900CC ones? he was over seas but a few guys on here bought them.

I picked up a couple 1,000CC tanks from Luxfer, these are only rated to 2,200psi but they have others rated to 3,000 psi or higher and the same or similar dimensions to the AF tanks. You’ll need a valve or a custom made valve if the threads on the Luxfer aren’t the same.

Jim.

bodhisdad
    Participant

UK190 i believe was the guy who had the 800’s available.

rodrigow
    Participant

Where is UK190???

blackops
    Participant

Yup UK190 that was him! He should be back from IRAQ by now…thought he was getting back last summer sometime?

I’d imagine someone on here has his email? I just looked and I don’t…

Jim.

bodhisdad
    Participant

There is a thread going on over at airgunadvice about 800 and 869cc tanks which have the same threads as the AF valve 210 working bar pressure. Its located in the Trading post area topic starter is AKSS price and other info not available, hes looking for someone to in on a tank/s with him the more the merrier i suppose.

y
    Participant

lush (in CA) had the 869cc tanks which need an extension peice to fit the AF guns (because they are fatter).

uk190 (in the UK/Iraq) had the 800cc tanks which is about the same diameter as the stock tanks, just longer.

There was a bit of controversy over which tank was safer owing to the markings on the 800cc tanks saying they were for CO2 and not HPA and peoples idea of working pressure and test pressure.

spartacus
    Participant

UK190’s tanks were also rethreaded to accept the standard valves, which lead to one hell of a shitstorm over safety issues.

Many died as a result.

I just made that up. No one died. To my knowledge.

Having said that, I don’t know of anyone who’s spoken to UK190 (or many of those who bought his bottles) in some time.

Are you out there Martin…..?

y
    Participant

I had one of his bottles and survived (I sold it, but not for any safety concern… but where did the guy I sold it go… :?) Cygnusx had a uk190 tank AND a Lush tank, I think he traded them.

Someone (cant rememeber who) said that uk190 appeared briefly during the end times at TOG….. I didnt see it so I cant say if its true or not.

I hope he shows back up (and lush too).

loftus
    Participant

just picked up a 800cc bottle,it is a bit fatter 55mm diameter,i thought it was going to be a problem to clear the back of the toprail but it is fine,all details on the bottle are in dutch by the looks of it,but one word i can understand is co2,but afer that it has written 0.60 kg tomvaegt 1.02kg 280 300bar e uk,inhold 0.80l provetryk 300 bar,is there anybody out there that understands any of that?before i fill it and put it by my dome!! 👿

yellow-ninja
    Participant

Looks Danish or “double dutch” as I like to call it.

We have our own danish here (not the pastry) so hopefully he can help, but here’s my crude attempt…

300 I believe represents the working pressure (or test pressure)

0.80l is 0.80 liters which is the volume of the tank (800cc = .8 liter)

I’d be willing to guess that the 0.6kg (kilogram) is the “dry” weight and the 1.02kg is the “filled” weight or something along those lines, but thats only relevant to CO2 usage, would equate to a 15 or so oz tank.

loftus
    Participant

hey YN that was quick and well tranlated so you speak double dutch,that sounds about right,only thing that is troubling me now is are compressd air and co2 equal to the same in pressure?sorry if that sounds like double dutch but i know what i mean, 😆 😆 😆

yellow-ninja
    Participant

co2 is around 800-900 psi depending on temperature while HPA is 3000 psi.

voltar-1
    Participant

‘prove 300’ to me would be tested at 300 so the working pressure is much less esp when designed for CO2.
    Don’t think you should use it any diferent than our CO2 tanks as in call it 1800psi working pressure.
    Hopefully someone can actually interpret that for you.
    Good luck
    Walter…

loftus
    Participant

1.700 psi,ah so that is only 130 bar or there abouts,i dont think i will get many 9mm shots out of that then,sorry if i have jacked your thread dmc but when you buy your 800cc tank be sure its for air and not c02,i was thinking that i could have at least filled it to 200bar,but i now understand that co2 is less psi?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.