Skip to toolbar

What The….?

Home Forums AirForce Talon/Talon SS What The….?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    steveinla
    Participant

So I finally got a squirrel in my sights. Loaded, cocked, staedy, CLINK. My buddy the squirrel hopped away like nothing happened. I checked the breech and sure enough the pellet was gone but it must have done nothing more than fall out the end of the barrel. I took it into my garage and tried it again and this time it made the right sound and the pellet smacked its target smartly.

What happened? I had not shot my SS in five or seven days or so. Does the valve get sticky? Should itbe lubed? My tank had around 2600-2700 psi. What happened? Has anyone else had this happen?

rob3dr
    Participant

Was it a clink, or a clunk? 😆

Actually, there is another thread regarding the same… I believe it’s in the Condor section. I’ll go look it up…

rob3dr
    Participant

Actually, it was the SS section, not Condor… here is the link…

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=396&highlight=clunk

walkonking
    Participant

That can happen with hammer chatter. Maybe some lube. Some lube for the breech and some say dont lube the hammer…well I do, a very little bit, and the clunk goes away for a very long time.

steveinla
    Participant

…Learn somethin’ new everyday, although somethings never change. I am sure that I am a victim of myself; operator error. I know that I closed the breech correctly however I am guilty of not having lubed my seals. I have been having scuba tank problems so I have been not shooting my SS. (My tank is a 1987 Luxfur not a certified alloy and can’t be hydro tested). …so I haven’t purchased a tube of divers lube yet. But
    I’ll get there.

Thanks again for the great advice, and the link.

walkonking
    Participant

Steve I got my divers silicone. At Sports Chalet. You can get a scuba there to if you want 😀

photo22
    Participant

That’s good Info. THANKS!!!! 😀

steveinla
    Participant

Every June Sports Chalet has their scuba month sale. Aluminum 80’s go for $99.99! That’s a deal. My plan was to use my brother’s tank until June and then buy one at that price. I didn’t figure on his tank being of inferior quality. He always buys the best. He says that he didn’t know about that tank being made of a non-certified alloy. So, the best plans of mice and men, and all of that. (I was going to buy a tube when I picked up the tank from the hydro-visual insp. & fill).

I rented a cylinder when I first got my Talon SS…$10.00 for a couple of days. Not bad except that with all of the shooting that I did, I barely put a dent in that tank. I returned it with 2800 psi in it. The guy asked me why I was returning a tank with so much air in it. I told him that my air rifle is very efficient.

Anyway, thanks for the tip Adam.

synopsys
    Participant
    quote SteveinLA:

Every June Sports Chalet has their scuba month sale. Aluminum 80’s go for $99.99! That’s a deal.

Awesome info, thanks!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.