Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

What Scope You Guys Using on Your BullDog ?

Home Forums BullPups Bulldog .357 What Scope You Guys Using on Your BullDog ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wll2506 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wll2506

I think I’m going to use a UTG 4×32 AO Mil Dot scope. Great little scope, built like a tank and on this gun, I really don’t need that much magnification power. Would rather have something maneuverable with a wide field of view and simple then some large variable … but that is me..

From all I have read, this gun is minute of pig brain at 50+ yards …and for yote at 50-60 yards, I can go with a heart/lung shot, this gun has plenty of power for sure …… If I had a good brain shot though, I would take it in the 50 yards range. Of course this is after I see how accurate she is ….. if she shoots a soft ball size group at 50 yards, then I have an issue and makes the gun a large black paper weight. If she can keep shots in a 1.5″ area, then I’m OK, I will see. ! I’m assuming after all the test reports I have seen 1.5-2″ is the zone of accuracy with this gun.

Being this gun is a single use type gun, I will test a few different types of ammo and which ever one the gun likes and I like will probably be it for the life of the gun. If she only like JSB 81gr pills, that may stop my use of this gun for pig … but maybe not. I’m hoping the gun will shoot around 125 gr bullets good. I have three 125 gr bullets, Desperado Cowboy bullets, Bobs bullets and Hunters Supply … we will see when I get my gun and also how well they perform in my buddies gun. I’m hoping the cowboy bullets are halfway accurate as they are 1/2 the price of the JSB’s. I also have a 105gr bullet coming from them.

On Another Note:

The filling up of tanks for my friends and myself is going to pose a bit of a problem as the Shoebox can only go so fast … and filling from 0-4500 takes a very long time with my ShoeBox Max !!!! I’m getting ready for a F10 maybe next month.

Even though the Bulldog has lots of power for yote …. I still would love to smack one with my 257 Condor ! … I really love that gun …. as a matter of fact I really like the Condors in general, very, very simple design and repairable at home without a bunch of fancy specialized tools. From some of the postings I have seen, the Bulldog may be pretty easy to take apart to work on too ?

wll2506

Continued: 9-6-16

Sitting home waiting for the gun to arrive tomorrow … got all the extras and she will be put together shortly after the UPS truck pulls up to our door. Now I just hope she shoots and does not spray. Have a decal that I hope looks cool on the gun … we will see.

wll2506

wll2506

Here is my 4×32 AO Mil Dot UTG on my bulldog.Tomorrow i will probably move the scope a bit forward as it is a bit uncomfortable,

We will test her out Friday morning or Saturday, depending on my work load.

The decal is blurred out on purpose so as to be civil on these forums.

wll2506

roachcreek

Bushnell 1.5×4. It stays on 1.5 power 99% of the time.

wll2506
    quote roachcreek:

Bushnell 1.5×4. It stays on 1.5 power 99% of the time.

Yes, that is a nice scope for sure.

I had a change of heart and went with a 3×12 UTG as I think a 30mm tube will let in a bit more light and I may need the extra magnification for exact slug placement, even though only 50 yards or so.

wll2506

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar