Q:

What Happened???

It looks like FX, AOA and Daystate no longer advertise on the Yellow.

Did I miss something? 😯 😯

Been getting ready for the 2015 AAFTA season and learning to fly an fpv black out mini quad. :winkn:

BullPup General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

1 2 3

I cant even get on Teds forum. Every time I try the link on his FB page I get an error saying it cant connect. Oh wait maybe my BS filter is set to high lol. I like Ted and his videos but if he is going to let himself be in the pocket of a manufacturer I dont care to watch anymore. You cant trust paid advertisement and reviews. I only follow reviews if it is not paid for. Look at Manny he is reviewing the bulldog and crosman didnt even send any pellets for him he has to buy it all himself 😆 You know hes gonna be honest in his review 😉

quote WalkonKing:

I must say Ted’s forum has to have set a record for having advertisers on it…

Bang….Dolla dolla bills Yo!

Are you really an advertiser when you own it?

I must say Ted’s forum has to have set a record for having advertisers on it…

Bang….Dolla dolla bills Yo!

I really hate the Format on Ted’s forum, to bad It could have been a good addition to the airgun forums Pool, IMO the TAG and GTA are the most user friendly formats

Ted’s forum sucks. I gave up after a few attempts to go over there. The format is brutal. Regarding Yellow, the impression I get is FX and AoA really went to war together. They are locked in battle with anyone who does business outside of AoA. The sad truth is that you never know who is being honest anymore. It’s tough to tell if a poster works for AoA or some other special interest or if the poster is just a Joe proud of his airgun and want’s to share his experiences with the community. I use the forums a lot to try to save money( it always cost me money in the long run). This forum above all others has helped me do that (save money and make smart purchases). TAG is not heavy handed in terms of moderation, instead it allows the posters to do a lot of the regulation. If a contributor is full of shyte only takes a short amount of time before someone here shines a light the roach and makes him scurry back into the shadows. Some don’t this type of BBS but I find it awesome. Plus we get to cuss!

quote aestheticbrah:

Man, it seems like the Yellow is going downhill… I know that technically it is Steve’s forum and all, but he’s abusing the power a bit; it kind of reminds me of the dystopian novels I read back when I was in high school. I wonder how he’s going to react when the Yellow is no longer the most popular airgun forum around.

Im gonna have to refer you to this post made by walk on another thread … i think it fits in well here

quote WalkonKing:

I have been around the airgun forums since the beginning

Here is what I see….people complain about the way the YF is run and go start their own forum. They soon learn they can not control the conversation and do not like the arguments and controversy so they set up rules…rules just like the Yellow Forum and often even more strict.

Teds forum may be successful. In the beginning they will let information flow, but after awhile when people want to post about guns his sponsors do not sell and go on there and point people to go to Wild West Airguns, R&L airguns, Top Airgun…etc. to buy airguns that are in direct competition with sponsors the entire “Free to speak” probably will go right out the window.

The same sponsors who tried put pressure on the owner of the yellow forum will do the same with the owner of the Holdover forum.

That is the reality of forums.

At least you get to cuss and swear here 🙂

quote Beermaker:

Now Steve posted a scolding for those who post videos of the dealers and mfgs. he does not like. In my opinion, he all BUT called out Ted and Jim Chapman by name.

I think it’s a damn shame that Ted and Jim no longer post on the Yellow. Now it looks like Jim is getting paid to post on Ted’s forum every few minutes.

I would say thats not true.

Here is the real post:

quote :

There will be no unauthorized PAID ADVERTISING Videos on the Yellow made by or for those companies we kicked out as sponsors for the sole purpose to advertise their products. No loopholes for the cut throats.

These are not Videos produced by airgunners discussing their guns, they are videos produced by those who get paid handsomely, get free guns and flown around to sell for people we kicked out.

As private airgunners you can discuss your private guns, your experience with them no matter who made them. If you do not take money to produce that video, you can do that too. If the Video is made for profit and for advertising purposes Do not link it here.

Thank you.

I have not been in any of the bashing posts or really talked in the forum about whats been going on but come on guys if you are going to go on other forums and post about how one is handled at least get your facts straight.

Man, it seems like the Yellow is going downhill… I know that technically it is Steve’s forum and all, but he’s abusing the power a bit; it kind of reminds me of the dystopian novels I read back when I was in high school. I wonder how he’s going to react when the Yellow is no longer the most popular airgun forum around.

Net neutrality and the new regulations may turn Internet forums upside down. Even though they are privately run and controlled, they are still on the public Internet and are mainly open for the public to read. It has always been that a private forum operator can control and/or ban whoever they want and there was no free speech requirements because there are private. Now they may be considered public in the future because anyone with Internet access can read them. A whole new level of government scrutiny may start policing private forums. Basically, they may have to hide content from non-members to remain private. The political overtones of the new rules are obvious but the side effect on the rest of the private forums might become a tragedy.

Now Steve posted a scolding for those who post videos of the dealers and mfgs. he does not like. In my opinion, he all BUT called out Ted and Jim Chapman by name.

I think it’s a damn shame that Ted and Jim no longer post on the Yellow. Now it looks like Jim is getting paid to post on Ted’s forum every few minutes.

There must really be some bad blood. Someone posted a video about the Wildcat and it was locked and eventually removed.

I have not been the biggest fan of Steve and some of his rules, but I am glad that he is leading the charges against AoA, FX, and the rest of the greedy bastards.

Good reading indeed! Nice Cat.

Thanks, Now that made for better reading 🙂

quote Wingman NZ:

quote surfski808:

quote Demp223:

Hevent been over there since I got blocked for ?????????
The pansie owner Steve never responded as to why my account was blocked from posting.
I figure being I only had positive experiences with my Edguns and Ed himself he took it upon himself to see I could never relay that info to anyone else in his forum.

Same happened to me. No explanation or nothing. Happened to a lot of regulars over there.

Clear as day why you got blocked Sir, you have done nothing but act like a salesman for AOA since you got here..
Lets here about you and your personal experiences and opinions about whatever airguns YOU own.. :biggrinn:

quote Wingman NZ:

quote surfski808:

quote Demp223:

The pansie owner Steve never responded as to why my account was blocked from posting.
I figure being I only had positive experiences with my Edguns and Ed himself he took it upon himself to see I could never relay that info to anyone else in his forum.

Same happened to me. No explanation or nothing. Happened to a lot of regulars over there.

Clear as day why you got blocked Sir, you have done nothing but act like a salesman for AOA since you got here..
Lets here about you and your personal experiences and opinions about whatever airguns YOU own.. :biggrinn:

Ask and ye shall receive. The following is a compilation of posts I made on Yellow spanning from July-Nov 2014. I went under TRAVELS4FUN on Yellow so if you wish to verify, just search using my user name on Yellow. In addition to the Bobcat, I owned a DayState MK4 Target and a Wolverine B HiLite (briefly) which was a lemon. I’ll be happy to share my experience with that POS on a seperate POST. In the meanwhile,

30 FX BOBCAT – MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

July 1, 2014 – ORDERED NEW .30 FX BOBCAT FROM PRECISION AIR
This was my 2nd rifle purchased from Precision after the DayState MK4 Target which I bought on May 9th. I had hoped to get a bit of a price break but no dice.
30 Bobcat – $2095.00
5 tins of FX .30 pellets – $94.75
5 tins of JSB .30 Pellets – $72.50
Overnight Shipping – $120.00

July 2, 2014 – GUN AND PELLETS DELIVERED
Gun and pellets delivered at 3:35pm this afternoon.

July 10, 2014 – QUALITY ISSUES WITH MY GUN
– Rubber ball used for tightening the stock to the air cylinder was flat like a pancake. I suspect it was overtightened at the factory. (AOA SENT REPLACEMENT)
– The threads in the plastic stock for the grub screw used to tighten the stock to the air cylinder are stripped. (I BOUGHT A HELICOIL THREAD REPAIR KIT AND FIXED THE PROBLEM)
– Side cocking lever us showing signs of rust(?) (BALLISTOL REMOVED THE RUST COLORED STAIN)
– O ring in brass transfer port is split (AOA SENT ME SOME SPARE O-RINGS AND I PURCHASED A 25 PK OF 1.5MM x 7.5MM VITON O-RINGS FROM MCMASTER-CARR)

July 12 2014 – BOBCAT GOES FROM TACK DRIVER TO SCATTER GUN
I have had my 30 Bobcat for 10 days. I have shot it every day and the thing shoots like a laser beam. I was actually getting a bit bored with the gun since shooting anything under 40 yards was no challenge. To give you an idea, yesterday I was terrorizing a small innocent sapling by shooting off it’s tiny branches and stems one at a time until it was just one buck necked stick jutting from the ground. Anyway, around 3 pm this afternoon, something suddenly changed. The gun started shooting all over the map. It was so bad that I couldn’t even hit the 8.5″ x 11″ paper target I had setup at 25 yards. I was befuddled.

After the initial shock, my senses came back and I ran through the following trouble shooting steps to isolate the problem:
– Checked the air pressure and it showed 200 bar
– Replaced the magazine with a fresh load out
– Tightened the scope rings and mount
– Checked the tin of JSB pellets I was shooting and they were all consistent and fine
– Checked the cylinder to see if it was loose
– Tightened the grub screw under the stock.
– Walked away and made a cup of coffee to take a break

I could find nothing wrong with the gun. I had cleaned the gun and barrel the night before and the fact that it was shooting fine all day until mid afternoon told me it wasn’t a dirty barrel. That said, I figured I would run some dry patches through the barrel anyway. It was when I unscrewed the baffles at the end of the rifle that I saw the middle of the three stacked baffles had been clipped. I check the crown and it was fine.

July 14 2014 – FOUND THE CAUSE AND FIX (OR SO I THOUGHT)
I believe the cause of the POI shift was a result of misalignment of the barrel and transfer port which came about when my shroud was inadvertently tightened as a result of unscrewing the air cylinder and screwing it back on over the course of 10 days. The fix was simple. I first removed the air cylinder so I could get a good grip on the shroud. All it took was a small partial turn of the forward shroud in the anti-clockwise direction. This caused the shroud to shift forward hence exposing the 1mm gap in the middle of the rifle. By doing this, the barrel and transfer port were re-aligned back to there original position. Afterwards, I tested my rifle and the mysterious POI shift issue went away and my rifle shot just as it had before (laser accurate). Here are the results from shooting a target at 30 yards after I had re-aligned the shroud:

July 15, 2014 – PROBLEMS RETURN. GUN HAS TO BE SENT TO AOA FOR REPAIR
Gun started shooting all over the place again. I checked the shroud and barrel and they were fine. I spoke to Steve at AOA and he told me to just send the gun to him so he can see what was going on. Jim agreed to cover the cost to ship the gun to AOA and Nancy emailed me a prepaid shipping label. I shipped the gun back to AOA on July 16th. Steve promised he would try and get it fixed and back to me ASAP.

July 22, 2014 – GUN FIXED AND FINALLY WORKING AS IT SHOULD HAVE ALL ALONG
Got my gun back from AOA. They replaced the damaged baffle and threw in some spare o-rings as well. I have no idea what they did but the gun is back to being a tack driver. I suspect they replaced the barrel but don’t care as long as the problem is gone.

July 24, 2015 – POST REPAIR PERFORMANCE
Right now its shooting the 44.75 grain JSBs at an average of 900 fps with 80.5 ft. lbs of energy. Its shooting the 46.30 grain FX Boss pellets at and average of 893 fps and 82 ft. lbs of energy! All with laser sharp accuracy and consistency.

Chrony Testing
Pellet: .30 JSB Exact 44.75 Grain
Temp: 86 F
Humidity: Hi 85-90%

Magazine 1
Pressure: 248 Bar

Mag 2
Pressure: 220 Bar

Mag 3
Pressure: 200 Bar

Mag 4
Pressure: 180 Bar

Mag 5
Pressure: 158 Bar

Mag 6
Pressure: 140 Bar

Mag 7
Pressure: 120 Bar

Mag 8
Pressure: 108 Bar

End Pressure: 93 Bar

July 28, 2014 – GOT A NEIL CLAGUE LDC FOR THE CAT
This afternoon, I received my first custom NC LDC for my 30 Bobcat. I was so eager to get it installed on the gun and perform a before and after test. I removed the factory 3 baffle stack from the end of the shroud and screwed on the custom LDC. The fit was perfect. What struck me immediately was how the Bobcat finally looked “Balanced”. I have always felt the 470cc tube is too long and hence it make the gun look a bit naff. If money were no object, I would replace the .30’s 470cc cylinder with the 300cc cylinder from the .22 Bobcat. The smaller cylinder costs $300 so for the time being, I’ll leave it be. Well, in terms of Lead Dust, I would guesstimate there is a 40% reduction in total Lead. Overall, I am extremely happy with the new look and functionality of my Bobcat as a result of adding NC’s LDC. Here is a pic:

August 30 2014 – 75 YARD TARGET RESULTS
While I was at the range yesterday, the 100 yard lanes were unavailable so I went to the 75 yard lanes and here is the last target I shot from the day. I used JSB 44 grain pellets straight from the tin unsorted. No wind other than a slight breeze now and then. It was a beautiful day at 79 degrees with no humidity. i shot from a wobbly table using my MGM Predator rest. The scope I used was a US Optics LR-17 17x scope.

Here is my last target of the day, shot right after my gun had tippled off my rest and fell to the table. I amazed to find the scope didn’t budge and remained perfectly zeroed and true. I shot 3 pellets on each of the outer bulls eyes and 5 at the middle bull. Now I rarely am able to shoot an entire paper target without the occasional pulled shot ruining what would otherwise have been a nice set of groups. This example however, is one of the best paper targets I have shot showing tight groups all around. I didn’t measure the groupings so my guess is the best grouping of the 5 is the (top left box) at somewhere under .5″ give or take.

I credit the FX .30 Bobcat for these shots and the US Optics 17x scope for the crystal clear view. The rifle is a tack driver and can out shoot me any day of the week. Every now and then, I manage to hold it together.

November 3 2014 – GOT A HUGGETT FOR MY 30 BOBCAT
The Huggett is 6 3/4″ and screws onto the tip oh the shroud. The gun is super quiet now and actually no longer has the slight kick as it had without Huggett. It’s just a tad louder than my .22 Air Wolf with Huggett shroud and moderator. I would call this setup a carbine as its certainly longer than a traditional bull pup which I’m perfectly happy with. As far as I aware, this is the only Bobcat in the US equipped with a Huggett. Here are some pics:

quote surfski808:

quote Demp223:

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

1 2 3
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.