What are your home DIY techniques in testing for leaks in a pcp receiver?

Home Forums General Discussion General Discussion What are your home DIY techniques in testing for leaks in a pcp receiver?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    steeldreams007
    Participant

Alright, after a good memorable fourteen years, my pcp is leaking air. The orings have reached the end of their service life finally. I have acquired some orings from an automotive supply store, assembled my pcp and filled it with 2000psi last night. Since the tiny gauge is a cheap run of the mill, I really could trust it for leak information.

I am considering immersing the entire receiver in a pail of water. But I am also worried about the rust that might result from this experiment.

Any help/input is greatly appreciated.

zonk
    Participant

First I would wipe all exposed metal with WD-40 which repels water. Then I would dunk it in a bucket of water or a long tube of some sort so you could submerge the entire air tube. I’ve done this with my PCPs and I’ve never had a problem. You should see if you have a leak I know exactly where it’s coming from.
    Zonk

steeldreams007
    Participant

Thanks Zonk. Most of the orings reached the end of service life, have become brittle with age.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.