What are some of the Pellets that you use in your .25 rigs

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS What are some of the Pellets that you use in your .25 rigs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    photo22
    Participant

Just getting a feel for whats good.

sluggo
    Participant

I use kodiaks, eun jin 36gr, and eun jin pointed 42gr.

randyhub
    Participant

Which of those are most accurate at 100 yards?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Randy,

My experience is that the .25 Kodiak is hands down the most accurate at any distance. Keeping in mind though that I rarely shoot at anything less than 30 yards away with my .25. My buddy put a Kodiak clean thru a bird at 112 yards.

At this caliber & power, no matter what pellet you use whatever you hit is done.

DH

randyhub
    Participant

Great I will be doing my .25 upgrade over winter and just want something accurate between 50 and 120 yards as I use my Condor for gophers and magpies.

My biggest concern was if the .25 flys as flat as the .22 around 100 yards as far as holdover is concerned.

Randy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well….. you’ve got me there Randy. I don’t know nothin’ about the logistics of the trajectory. I just know that whatever I hit is dead.

I have never shot at a gopher sized animal at 120 yards out.

DH

randyhub
    Participant

Thanks I know .22 Eun Jins launched at 1000 fps blast thru both sides of a gopher! 😯

Randy

112 meters measured from my buddy’s porch

Gopher in the lower left of picture:

Ouch! That’s gotta hurt!

My Bird:

benzin
    Participant

HOLLY CRAP Randy! 112 meters??? that is one hell of a shot!

have you done any tunning to your gun? (hammer, valve, etc) ???

Great shooting mate! 🙂

randyhub
    Participant

Thanks got tired of pacing off and guessing and bought a big tape measure. 😀 Yeah recrowning the barrel, 110g heavy hammer, polishing, tophat tuning with a chrony, and using heavy Eun Jins and learning how to use MilDots allowed for lots of long shots. I only shoot gophers from 50 meters and up. Funny with my barrel stabilzer 😉 they just don’t know where I am. 😈 Best is when you put one down and his buddy comes over to see why is he taking a nap and you tag the other as well. Oh well winter is coming time for something bigger to shoot like my .25 build!

Randy

benzin
    Participant

Why did you recrown the barrel, was it un-accurate before?

When you say “learn to use mildots”, do you mean you use them for holdover?
    i use mine for rangefinding, but it is of course, only practical when target shooting, where i can place an object of known size, look at it thru the scope, and consult my table. i dont think a “living target” would stick arround for me to do all that 😆
    Ibe made a little table for common objects, pack of cigarretes, coke bottle, soda/beer can, block, etc. i put it on my condor with tape. Works great for range finding without having to carry a measuring tape.

photo22
    Participant

[quote=”Randyhub”]Thanks I know .22 Eun Jins launched at 1000 fps blast thru both sides of a gopher! 😯

Randy

112 meters measured from my buddy’s porch

Nice bird you have!!!!!!!!!!! 😯

randyhub
    Participant

My buddy is a machinist so just cleaned up the crown for the hell of it the gun was pretty accuarate b4.

And he used to be in the forces and knows a lot about sniper techniques and explained to me to leave the scope power at 10 and if the target is say 1 foot high you can determine range. He was taught to use a 6′ high target or tire to estimate ranges but for the most part I just use the MilDots for hold over as I am zeroed at 50 meters and the 24 power for looking at groups. i have detrmined an average for drop at different ranges but POI change is always the big challenge as velocity changes.

Thanks for the bird compliment. 🙂

Randy

sluggo
    Participant
    quote Randyhub:

Which of those are most accurate at 100 yards?

Here is some groups by YN that I saved. Kodiak and eun jin pointed.
    The eun jin group was 10 shots and he switched bottles and did another 10 shots. Top and bottom.

randyhub
    Participant

Wow very nice for big pellets! Just sent off my Condor tank for a new valve and I am ordering a new Condor valve for my Talon tank getting ready for my .25 build up. 🙂

sluggo
    Participant

Condor seems to be super accurate in .22 with a 28gr pellet.
    nice shooting.
    Nice grip as well. I really like my panther grip.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.