Q:

WFTF Leshiy build

I know the Leshiy is not intended as a WFTF (World Field Target Federation). But why not?

First, tuning down a .177 to sub 12 FPE is doable with just regulator and HST adjustments, but shot count is not very good. Installing a HUMA sub 12 FPE kit helps to improve shot counts a bit. I am getting 60 shots from a near 250 bar charge.

Second, I find the second stage trigger mod quite useful. The trigger pull is about 1 pound when it breaks. Not bad. This is also a easy mod to undo.

I am using a Leupold vx3 6.5-20×40 as scope. Yes, the scope is as long as the gun when folded! However, I also find this scope doing a good job ranging and the single dot is simple to aim.

The hamster is the tricky part. I ended up putting together a Picatinny to tripod 1/4-20 thread adapter, a mini ball head, and a piece of plywood with a 1/4-20 insert. It looks as it is: a hack, but it works!

So now I have probably one of the shortest WFTF guns. This is my first season shooting in this division, and also the first season bring the Leshiy to field target. There is a lot to learn, practice and figure out. But that’s really the fun part!

Just sharing…

EdGun

All Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Thanks for the suggestion, will definitely give it a try!

Try to shoot standing completely unsupported for a few weeks, that also improves all position shooting technic since you will realise how easy it is when supported :8:

Kris is right about the gun being short and light. That’s the challenging part, but it also helps improve my shooting skills. I don’t really shoot to win, but the learning process is the fun part.

To me the Leshiy is a stocked pistol. no?

Maybe you can stabilize it with an 18 inch or longer barrel for target shooting. way too short to hold steady imo in stock form

WFTF is just the fun side of this gun. The business side is definitely not fun for certain rodents!

quote sactargetshooter:

Here are some pictures.

Very cool! It’s so neat to see what everyone dose with there Leshiy!

Here are some pictures.

Attachments:

quote sactargetshooter:

I know the Leshiy is not intended as a WFTF (World Field Target Federation). But why not?

First, tuning down a .177 to sub 12 FPE is doable with just regulator and HST adjustments, but shot count is not very good. Installing a HUMA sub 12 FPE kit helps to improve shot counts a bit. I am getting 60 shots from a near 250 bar charge.

Second, I find the second stage trigger mod quite useful. The trigger pull is about 1 pound when it breaks. Not bad. This is also a easy mod to undo.

I am using a Leupold vx3 6.5-20×40 as scope. Yes, the scope is as long as the gun when folded! However, I also find this scope doing a good job ranging and the single dot is simple to aim.

The hamster is the tricky part. I ended up putting together a Picatinny to tripod 1/4-20 thread adapter, a mini ball head, and a piece of plywood with a 1/4-20 insert. It looks as it is: a hack, but it works!

So now I have probably one of the shortest WFTF guns. This is my first season shooting in this division, and also the first season bring the Leshiy to field target. There is a lot to learn, practice and figure out. But that’s really the fun part!

Just sharing…

Sounds cool can you post a pic. Would love to see it with your Hack!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.