Q:

Used scuba tanks (30cu – 3,000 psi) okay for Talons….

… and Condors? I found these Genesis (used) tanks at Leisure Pro, and was wondering. The prices seem pretty good, too. I’m trying weigh my options if I buy either one of these rifles.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUTP.html

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

1 2 3

That’s good to here Jim. You are going to love it. GUARANTEED!! Make sure you tell Tim you need the AF fill adapter with the male Foster machined into it. You can send him yours if you are filling off SCUBA but I just paid the extra 15 bucks and had him send me one with the whole kit & kaboodle.

Harry

quote synopsys:

😳

OK, will do, thanks ‘Y’!!

Email is the slowest way to get to him. He is a one man shop and it is best to call him first thing in the morning when he first opens.

😳

OK, will do, thanks ‘Y’!!

Tried that, he has high pressure fittings and steel tubing on the page…

I wrote him an email, figured I would just cut to the chase!!

Thanks though DH, you finally convinced me to get one!!!

Jim,

You have to call him.

Just google Mac1. Should come right up.

So, IF I wanted a CF tank from Mac-1 where exactly do I find out the price and how to order…

There are no real prices for the tank on the website, just the fittings…

IMHO the CF setup looks like the only way to go, light, small and packs some serious PSI!!! 😯

I hear you……

When the tank showed up full I wasn’t about to start complaining. 😆 😆

Harry

quote dirty harry:

BTW.. The tank was shipped full and after topping off my tanks for what seems like a zillion times it is just now approaching 3500PSI.

Harry

I am pretty sure shipping the tank full is not legal, don’t count on that.

Rusty

Here is a picture of the set-up. I followed in Adams footsteps. Only as far as the CF tank is concerned though. 😆

BTW.. The tank was shipped full and after topping off my tanks for what seems like a zillion times it is just now approaching 3500PSI. When I was using SCUBA I was always concerned that I’d be in the middle of a great shoot and I would run low on air. Not now. 8)

Harry

[/IMG]

Two hundred Dollars even. I got the fill adapter as well for an extra few bucks. I don’t remmber the total, but it was well worth it. It’s the shipping to Hawaii that adds bigtime to the cost of all my toys. The tank still has five years on it so I got a steal. 8) 8)

Harry

quote dirty harry:

Please consider a 4500PSI Carbon Fiber tank. It is the ONLY way to go. I used my buddies SCUBA tank for quite some time, then went with a used 66 Carbon Fiber from MAC1. Trust me……you won’t be sorry.

Harry

Harry: How much was the tank you purchased?

quote dirty harry:

Please consider a 4500PSI Carbon Fiber tank. It is the ONLY way to go. I used my buddies SCUBA tank for quite some time, then went with a used 66 Carbon Fiber from MAC1. Trust me……you won’t be sorry.

Harry

I’m gonna look into that Harry, Tim’s shop is about 45 min from me, and I’m due for a stop in there anyway.

I think that Harry is right. If you are planning on doing a lot of shooting over a period of years in this sport then it makes sense to get a Tank that will give you many, many fills. One of the worst things is to buy a smaller capacity and psi rated Tank now and then need to upgrade later, or be unhappy with having to fill all of the time.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

1 2 3
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.