Tuner

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns Tuner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nebraska
    Participant

Was wondering if some one would be so kind as to point me in the direction of a tuner that could work on my RWS 54. Shoots really nice but would like to get at least 1000 fps with jsb Predators. The number that would get me to 20fpe is 1048 fps. Or would it be better to try to achieve 20fpe with a heaver pellet like the kodiak, would need 922 fps to get 20fpe If I under stand what Ive been reading on the forum it is better to keep fpe under 1000 ❓ Tried to e-mail a guy on yellow forum no answer not a good way to start a relationship. Any help would be appreciated 😀

voltar-1
    Participant

How do you figure to get 20fpe out of a 17fpe springer?
    Walter….

walkonking
    Participant
    airgunner
    Participant

Looks like Rob3dr tunes ’em!

quote rob3dr:

What do you want to know?

Of my own guns, I’ve tuned the following…

R9
    TX200
    HW97
    HW77
    B3
    QB57
    Anchutz 335
    RWS54
    RWS34
    BSA Meteor
    R7
    B20
    B26
    and a couple others I cant think of now…

Have tuned an R11 and a couple RWS 48’s for other folks.

Ask away………… I’ve also written several tune guides for various guns, but not a 350.

y
    Participant
    quote Voltar_1:

How do you figure to get 20fpe out of a 17fpe springer?
    Walter….

Just incase you were really wondering Walter… Some of the springs offered by Macarri will do that.

nebraska
    Participant

Thanks Adam will check it out. Voltar_1 Didn’t figure how or if it could be done was hopping that may be some one could. Mite not even mess with it Tony called said my Condor is shipping today. She is going to have power + 😀 😀 😀 😀

rob3dr
    Participant

I can tell you now that most reputable tuners will NOT tune up a springer for power. Tuning a spring gun is a process of making a nicer shooting gun. Turning one hot only accelerates wear and tear.

There is/was a Monolith kit for the RWS54, but there is also a reason why that Macarri don’t sell a lot of them any more. In my RWS54, I stayed at roughly the same velocity post tune.

Curious as to why you’d want that much out of a springer….. overspringing a gun such as the 54 will just take away from it’s nice shooting behavior.

No offense, but this is probably why the fellow on the YF didnt answer you back.

Another tidbit… if you want more FPE out of a springer, use a lighter pellet. Works the exact opposite as from a pnuematic. My RWS 54 spits out Kodiaks at a whopping 540fps or so in .22. Put a 14.3gr in and it’s doing around 801fps. Springers generate more energy from lighter projectiles so you’re much more likely to get that 20fpe out of a Hobby or Laser pellet than out of a heavy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.