Skip to toolbar

Trigger tunning

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS Trigger tunning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    hogtyd
    Participant

Is it possible to do a trigger job on the new condor SS with the two stage trigger? Mine is to hard to pull for me, just wondering if it can be lightened up some.

dorsnipes
    Participant

I found a trick that invloves a washer and makes the trigger pull quite light. With out disassembling your rifle . For new trigger/ spin loc models. PM me for details.

thehunter
    Participant
    quote dorsnipes:

I found a trick that invloves a washer and makes the trigger pull quite light. With out disassembling your rifle . For new trigger/ spin loc models. PM me for details.

Post it here so others can get it without having to clutter up your inbox. It also makes it easier for everybody else, in the fact that they don’t/won’t need to pm you. Thanks! :biggrinn:

pharmtechbob
    Participant

Thanks dorsnipes. I would also like to know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Note that this will void your warranty and do at your own risk.

I used Pilots G2 pen springs, it’s a little smaller in diameter but works great !
    The pen uses a smaller spring wire then the OEM trigger spring so it has a lighter tension.
    Not sure what the pull weight on it is now, but it’s much lighter then before.

I made/cut the shear spring (middle spring) the same length as the OEM one.
    The first stage spring (closest to the trigger) shorter then the OEM one, with it being just slightly compressing when reinstalling the trigger cover bar.
    I kept the hammer engagement spring (closest to the muzzle) OEM.

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Retractable-Premium-Roller-Point/dp/B001GAOTSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423281342&sr=8-1&keywords=g2+pens

On the lateral play, I installed a small but wide nylon washer between the safely bar and trigger it help reduce play by half.

~ GKU

saltwaterslick
    Participant
    quote GKU:

Note that this will void your warranty and do at your own risk.

I used Pilots G2 pen springs, it’s a little smaller in diameter but works great !
    The pen uses a smaller spring wire then the OEM trigger spring so it has a lighter tension.
    Not sure what the pull weight on it is now, but it’s much lighter then before.

I made/cut the shear spring (middle spring) the same length as the OEM one.
    The first stage spring (closest to the trigger) shorter then the OEM one, with it being just slightly compressing when reinstalling the trigger cover bar.
    I kept the hammer engagement spring (closest to the muzzle) OEM.

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Retractable-Premium-Roller-Point/dp/B001GAOTSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423281342&sr=8-1&keywords=g2+pens

On the lateral play, I installed a small but wide nylon washer between the safely bar and trigger it help reduce play by half.

~ GKU

Yea, but what color ink did you get in the pens? :suprisedn: :rofl:

Anonymous
    Inactive

The clear one of coarse ! :rofl:

NO but really works well for me.

~ GKU

bradman
    Participant

Going to try the GKU technique this week!

Thanks for sharing the tip!

oakey631
    Participant

Keep us up to date Brad. Might follow suit as well.

mongoose
    Participant

GKU Excellent tip. I just got my condor “used” the tank started leaking at the valve o-ring so while I was waiting for the repair I worked the trigger over. A little cleaning, debut, polish, then changed out a couple springs. And a much better trigger. Gonna shoot awhile before trying a super sear. Well worth the time, G2 pens, and moly lube. :biggrinn:

djq
    Participant

Going to get the G2 pen right now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys,

Some don’t like the fact that it’s has a tad smaller in diameter, but I think the OEM is a bit to large in diameter a tad smaller is better.
    Some owners reporting of a squeaking trigger pull and the over large OEM trigger springs are the main cause of this squeaking.
    It rubs against the side of the trigger housing, sometimes adding a light coat of moly lubing can helps remedy this problem.

Also just a friendly reminder, don’t forget that opening and working on the trigger will void your factory warranty !

~ ATB ~ GKU

sharpshot86
    Participant
    quote GKU:

Thanks guys,

Some don’t like the fact that it’s has a tad smaller in diameter, but I think the OEM is a bit to large in diameter a tad smaller is better.
    Some owners reporting of a squeaking trigger pull and the over large OEM trigger springs are the main cause of this squeaking.
    It rubs against the side of the trigger housing, sometimes adding a light coat of moly lubing can helps remedy this problem.

Also just a friendly reminder, don’t forget that opening and working on the trigger will void your factory warranty !

~ ATB ~ GKU

Do you know a good/easy way of adjusting the first stage pull length?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    quote Sharpshot86:

quote GKU:

Thanks guys,

~ ATB ~ GKU

Do you know a good/easy way of adjusting the first stage pull length?

No Sir, but the only safe one I know of is adding a preload screw/adjuster.
    Also, you need to be sure if it can be done to the model of AF gun you have.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=132

~ GKU

titeuf007
    Participant

do you know exactly size of this spring

Trigger Spring

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.