Q:

Top Hat mod pictorial?

Been considering the Top Hat Oring mod for my Condor SS.. eyes blurry searching for a how to pic post. Anyone able to link me please?

Airforce Rifles/Pistols

All Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You could try no restrictor with o-ring and shim (s).
Tony has metal TH shim for sell, http://talontunes.com/shop/top-hat-shims/
Thickness of the shim will deplict the speed, sanding them down just a bit at a time.

I kept a bunch of shims of different thickness each with a note on the spec that it will give for diferant pellet tunnings………. just an easy swap out and I’m good to go.

– Greg

Thanks Greg :8:

I’m going to have to do it right soon. I actually gave it a whirl yesterday prior to reading your response. I removed the quick change top hat and added a single small Oring. I was launching the 34 gr JSBs starting at 1070fps and steady down hill slope.

After the Oring I was getting 1020-1040fps for 10 or so shots I wasn’t shooting a full string.

Next I added the largest restrictor to the tophat and the speed dropped to 855-865fps for a nice steady string I was impressed.

My Vulcan however is percision… ball room..
The Condor will likely be more mosh pit lol
I am after a powerfully accurate 50-75yd yote smoker that is still head shot accurate when squirrelin.

Preliminary results are promising from 40 yds with the JSB Heavies at roughly 1035fps avg. 80+ FPE

7 shots … first two low left then adjusted.
Shot from kneeling position on Atlas bi-pod.

First I’d adjust the Top Hat out or in such that it makes the breech lock in just right, not to loose and not to tight of a click into place.

Add an O-ring then add a metal or nylon shim behind it, then crony to check with the PW set to low.
Increase or decrease the thickness of the shim to adjust the velocity to a slightly slower side of the target speed you desire.

Increase the PW to tweak to that target speed ………

~ Greg

Pop the top hat out and slide the O-ring in. Take some chronograph shots before and after.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.