Q:

Tony’s heavy hammer question

Hoping Tony will chime in here or someone using his heavy brass Condor hammer. I turned the hammer down from 110 g to 90 g as i now have a new Condor valve on my .25 Condor however my question is do I just use the hammer alone pressed to the hammer spring or do I need the stock AF steel spring coupler/spacer that goes with the stock AF hammer, weight?

Just curious as if I measure the stock AF components it is the same length as the AAA heavy heavy with the AF spring coupler/spacer??

Thanks Randy

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

That’s right Voltar 1 (Walter) converted my Talon bottle to a Condor bottle with 40.00 worth of new Condor valve parts (thanks again Chimp) this is way cheaper then paying to ship a bottle back and forth.

Randy

PS Walter’s valve swap out pushes .25 31 grain Kodiaks to around 1000 fps using the same air charge as a .22 pellet.

Are the valve bodies the same for talon/condor? Does this mean I can upgrade to condor valve for 50-60 bucks by just ordering the internals? That would be reasonable expense for the upgrade vs buying a complete valve or condor tank. Thanks in advance to all.

I heard 40.00 for the retro parts no valve body.

I believe i remember $55 for the tophat, stem, valve retainer(brass) and spring. Basicly everything but the valve body. Whole assembly, i believe is $105.

What is AF getting for the new valve now? Seems like I rember a kit was avaliable at a lesser cost.

MIke

Thanks Tony, you always seem to find time to take care of us Taggers. 😀

Randy

Hey Randy,
Since you have the newer valve version, it is a little easier to open.
Just use the stock spring fitted to the hammer.

Start with a 2800psi fil and if you are getting full power first shots, increase to 2900psi

Good Luck

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.