Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Tis the season!

Home Forums AirForce TalonP (Pistol) Tis the season!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rogbo74 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

rogbo74
    Participant

Here in the great state of Alaska bird season has come around once again and the TalonP has served me well! Everyone shares wonderful tips on tuning and performance but let’s see the fruits of your labor. Here’s a few grouse, ruffed and spruce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well done!

rrdstarr

I’m coming for dinner!
    I like the rack on your mountain bike!
    Love the grip frame too! 😉

donnyfl
    Participant

That’s a cool looking gun! Looks like a good time and a nice warm meal 🙂

pb0201
    Participant

Nice shooting, love grouse.What is that bike? It is nice man!

rogbo74
    Participant

It’s a Borialis Yampa, Fat Bike. They no longer make the Yampa. I’ve had it for 4 or 5 years now. It’s my do most everything rig. I’ve covered a lot of ground Grouse hunting (and camping, fishing, racing…..) on this bike. It’s fun quiet and well set up. Tried to post a pic but said it was too large.

pb0201
    Participant

Nice! I would love a fat bike but I don’t want a dedicated snow use only rig.Plus the money for them is crazy!! Was thinking about a reg mt. Bike and just going with the widest tires I can get. Been reading up some on them. But,trying to build a small house right now so that stuff will have to wait.how aware those fat tires on gravel roads?

rogbo74
    Participant

That is the beauty of a fat bike, you get more than one bike with just one frame. You can put smaller tires and wheels into a fat frame but you are limited on a standard MTB. Don’t get me wrong a regular MTB is fine and I have one of those too, however it is a specific purpose for me and that’s all I use it for.

Gravel roads you say? It is my touring rig for a particular gravel road I try and do every summer and its 130 miles. That’s not a long ways but my point is its WONDERFUL! It’s my Swiss Army knife i call it. I have everything i need and rides like a feather pillow.

I have second tire and wheel set that I’ll run at times in the summer that’s a little smaller and lighter and it becomes a 22lb rocket.

I can go on and on but I’ll say that my fat bike is one I’ll not be without. They can be had at what i feel is a reasonable price.

pb0201
    Participant

Love it!!!going to own one someday!!Pretty spendy but I know they are worth it

pb0201
    Participant

Hey man, hope all is well with you? Doing any more talonP hunting lately?

rogbo74
    Participant

Doing quite well thank you! Got a few Grouse earlier this fall and our rabbit about a month ago.
    Haven’t posted any pics since I can no longer access Talon Tunes through Tapatalk. It was the easiest and only way I’d found to post pics from my tablet. I’m sure there is an easy way but since I’m not on forums much I haven’t got the hang of a lot of things.
    Thanks for checking in and you had a Merry Christmas!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar