The next big thing in the AirForce world?

Home Forums AirForce General Chat The next big thing in the AirForce world?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    teflontron
    Participant

It seems that the tuning/modifying of AirForce rifles concentrates on one aspect at a time and then moves on to something else. In this way we have had everyone going crazy about Hammers, their designs, weights and materials, and we have also had nothing but discussion about valves and all of their nuances. At the moment everyone seems to be hung up on .25 but that’s more of a drop-in rather than a huge discussion about various methods to reach certain goals. So, where do we go from here? No valve is perfect and neither is any hammer, so do you think that we will go full-circle and start again with the knowledge we have gained down the years, or is another aspect of these rifles the “next big thing”?

mr-lama
    Participant

I think the next truly huge thing in the guns would have to be multishot. I mean, you can make a lot of different things that would be kinda cool, but a multishot adaptor would be amazing.

walkonking
    Participant

What we need is to get the tank regulated. The paintball world has left the airgun world in the dust when it comes to innovations. One area they have really made common place in the paintballworld is regulation. There are regualtor genious like those at Nitro Duck and Glenn Palmer. They know regualator for airguns and AF needs to pony up and have one designed for them.

I know MCMIKE is making a regualtor and hopefully one day it will be availabe. I heard a rumour MCMIKE sold his idea to someone and it might be available one day.

Oykas claims to have a regulator made for the AF tank. If he was not such a dysfunctional multi personality stalker others might even believe his claims to have one.

On one website he poses as a person named Leman and claims to have bought a silent breech from SP Rapid and maybe buy a regulator also for his Talon….funny thing is they are both the same person 🙄

So a regulator would be huge when it comes available for these guns.

martin777
    Participant

What WOK said! 8)

bikincrazy52
    Participant

So you are talking about a regulator that just screws onto the end of the tank? All you would need to do is buy a 4500 psi paintball tank, and fiddle with the regulator to get it to regulate to 2500 psi, instead of 900 psi for a paintball gun. Basically you need to find a very strong spring to go on the inside of the regulator. How hard could it be?

shrpshotr28
    Participant

A blodnob style valve and a 2000psi reg would be a good starting point. With the new condor valve my talonss w/ hammer weight getting 950-975 fps w/ 31gr .25 kodiacs at only 2100psi. regulator would allow use of full fill at most effecient outlet pressure. more consistent, better accuracy (already good) and more shots per fill. I have a couple ideas but as of yet lack the tools to implement them.

Multishot would be cool too but I have busted my head crazy trying to figure out how to make it work due to the cocking arrangement w/ the hammer being forward of the breach and the distance between air valve and barrel.

targeteer07
    Participant

for multi shot (i’m sure someone has already thought of this, but you could have one bolt to cock it and one bolt to load the pellet, it would not be fast, but it would be faster!! 😀 and you wouldn’t have to fumble for pellets either! 😀

bikincrazy52
    Participant

I thought the idea was “One shot, One kill.” not “20 shots, one kill.”

The only reason i could see multi shot being of any use is for pest extermination, where there are multiple targets in one area.

voltar-1
    Participant
    quote bikincrazy52:

So you are talking about a regulator that just screws onto the end of the tank? All you would need to do is buy a 4500 psi paintball tank, and fiddle with the regulator to get it to regulate to 2500 psi, instead of 900 psi for a paintball gun. Basically you need to find a very strong spring to go on the inside of the regulator. How hard could it be?

Sketch one up and you will then see what the trouble is. Harder, much harder than you think.

McMike is a genious and so far ahead of Airforce with respect to designing and building. His reg was and is an amazing creation. I hope he does very well with that design.
    I have little interest in a multishot and I will be happily shooting while you multi fans are loading clips 🙂
    So for me a reg is a great move but that would add a fair cost to the gun so may be a hard sell except as an aftermarket accessory.
    The Airforce product would benefit by a stiffer frame, better head position and a real adjustable strong trigger.
    Using a trirail to stiffen a weak gun, breaking triggers, safeties that don’t work, butts that suck, stuff like this should be addressed by the Airforce team.
    Future of Airforce is pretty much stuck in the Talon/Condor lines.
    Walter….

shrpshotr28
    Participant
    quote bikincrazy52:

The only reason i could see multi shot being of any use is for pest extermination, where there are multiple targets in one area.

NOT ALL AIRGUNS ARE USED FOR HUNTING

Fun game: Who can hit an aluminum can the most times in xxxx seconds at xxxx yds?

Stuff like this demands multi-shot 😀 😀

and lots of fun.

chad-hauser
    Participant

I’d pay GOOOOOD money for a MCMIKE regulator. With some fine tuning, that thing should blow thru a tin of pellets on a single fill.

mikemilz
    Participant
    quote Chad Hauser:

I’d pay GOOOOOD money for a MCMIKE regulator. With some fine tuning, that thing should blow thru a tin of pellets on a single fill.

This is so very true McMike was shooting like a few hundred shots on a single fill and stopped because he shot threw his pellet stop and damaged his car this regulator will revolutionize the airforce line of guns as well as the wealth of discussion we will get on this forum alone. I want one now. 😀

targeteer07
    Participant
    quote :

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:02 pm Post subject:

——————————————————————————–

Mike would be way over 700-800 rats if he would have had multishot! 😀
    (just a guess 😀 )

mikemilz
    Participant
    quote targeteer07:

quote :

Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:02 pm Post subject:

——————————————————————————–

Mike would be way over 700-800 rats if he would have had multishot! 😀
    (just a guess 😀 )

HEY YOU GET IT RIGHT ITS 836 AND COUNTING!…….LOL 😀 😀 😀

eamo
    Participant

In tank reg +1

I WANT ONE

Eamo 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.