Q:

The new Talon P

I received an e mail from AirForce today stating that the pistol will be shipping in limited quantitys by August 31 and the MSRP is $421.00. You can call in your order at 1877 247 4867 if you like.

Benson.

TalonP (Pistol)

All Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)

1 2 3 8 9 10

Would the Tony TT, or R & L Extreme valve, screw into a Talon valve body???

Hoot

I have the Talon with the 25 caliber 12 inch barrel, and the extra Weight, and it goes in the high 50’s in PSI, I can hold it out and aim it and shoot it without getting fitigue, I’d say the Talon-P is the same gun with a shorter tank. It has to be to get in the 50’s energy wise.
Mine has the high flow Condor valve on it, and it does a good job and is under the one and one half inch group at the 45 yard range Most of the time the pellets are practically touching. I have also used the round balls and at 25 to 35 yards it is a hoss to shoot,.
So as I said when I made mine it is a keeper, I might in the future order the short tank to see if it still gets good shot count, but I already have the Talon-p or better version IMHO. 😀

Guys, the Talon IS the TalonSS with a short tube. 😉 😆

I don’t think it’s a Condor valve though. I don’t know for sure but I have a couple reasons to believe it’s just a Talon valve.

I was getting 800 fps with 30 grain pellets and a bitch of a spring in a Talon valve with slots in the brass insert.

I have no doubts that my good Talon valve (older with round holes in the brass insert) with a TH setting at 0.110″ would hit 900fps with a 30 grain slug (which I would translate to about 700fps with a 40 grain pellet).

The Talon valve I tested (grooved brass insert) was a good 200-300fps lower than my Talon valve (round holes in the brass insert) set close to the same TH & PW settings.

The price point has me thinking it’s a Talon valve as well.

I wonder if it’s any shorter than 3″ from the original Talon… The “pistol” tank looks pretty big for a pistol that is… Also the normal size Talon valved tank didn’t get that many 25 cal shots in the first place… 😕

Gentlemen and Hooligans,

This stuff is a toy, are you complaining that this specific toy will not be fun to shoot?

And for those only see Browing Highpowers and Colt revolvers types as the only true pistols there is an entire world of large pistols out there shoot.

You could throw that pistol and a pump in a back pack and hunt all weekend while hiking.

But still, in .25 caliber, it would make a pisser of a truck gun. IF, and i mean “if” it can shoot as advertised.

I wonder if it fills to 3500 psi. That would make sense, given the bladder sized air tank.

Hoot

From what I can see, all they did was cut the air chamber off the talon ss and use a smaller tank. To get the power they are talking about it would need to at least be a condor valve.

My opinion, a very load gun that only gets 10 shots to a tank fill, and is heavy.

I think airforce dropped the ball big time on this one. Most people will recognize it for what it is and—correct me if I’m wrong—it simply is what most of us can turn our SS into if we chose to.

Airforce would have made some serious profit if they spent the coin to make a true pistol along the lines of the kung eleven (perhaps a pcp version) or the Edgun Veles. Too bad as I love Airforce and I will be sad to see them make a mistake that may cost them 😥

It’s just a Talon rifle with a shorter tank (dare I say midget and offend the honorable Hoot) and a 12″ 25 caliber barrel right? 😕 Or is it a smaller frame too?

43 grains above 700fps is the claim… I wonder which valve it has… That’s a decent velocity for a Talon valve. I was getting 800fps with a 24″ barrel, talon valve and 30 grain pellets…

I’m pretty interested to see how the build quality is on the frame too

The real question everyone is thinking but not asking, is does it come in baby blue and hot pink? 😆

Delivery date is 8/31, i’m taking over under bets for it being 30 days late. 😆

Now, if only we know what we are buying!

Performance remains a mystery with this product. I’m not sure I’d call the Talon pistol a handgun. It’s already more than 1/2 half way to being a small carbine.

It would be reassuring for someone to run it through its paces and determine whether it’s a hero or a zero.

Hoot 😯

Viewing 9 replies - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)

1 2 3 8 9 10
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.