The Hammerli RWS 850’s brother on steroids

Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns The Hammerli RWS 850’s brother on steroids

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    photo22
    Participant

Check out the Walther 1250 Dominator, and the price tag 😯 …WOW!!!!!

http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=1489

matteusz
    Participant

Dang just DANG that thing is pretty awesome looking. Now I have to decide between an SS this beast that I bet would be LOUD but super fun to shoot and an AA 410 erb.

I wonder if I can find an air rifle dealer that will take children in trade?

photo22
    Participant

It sure could use a bigger air tube and a lower price tag. 300bar on the fill press. just to get 100 shots. I’m thinking it will do 80 shots before POI change, but maybe not?

mig-rod
    Participant

It is a nice gun, but the price is too high, IMO ,most of the pre charged Korean rifles have more power and are alot cheaper.” Walther company or whoever makes this gun”should also find a way to change the design in which the tube and barrel have less separation between each other to make the gun more eye appealing.

walkonking
    Participant

That is a $500 Walther airtube on a $200 CO2 gun.

Money would be better spent on a AA or Korean airgun.

photo22
    Participant
    quote WalkonKing:

That is a $500 Walther airtube on a $200 CO2 gun.

Money would be better spent on a AA or Korean airgun.

Ditto on that Adam. I’m thinking that price will drop fast just to compete in the market.

sacshooter
    Participant

So should we buy an 850, and then find a way to convert it to PCP?

Has anyone done this?

leel
    Participant

Check them out at:
    http://www.wevopaintball.com/3000psitanks.html

I have the 13 ci tank regulated to 1050 psi on my Crosman …

Lorrin

sacshooter
    Participant
    quote leel:

Check them out at:
    http://www.wevopaintball.com/3000psitanks.html

I have the 13 ci tank regulated to 1050 psi on my Crosman …

Lorrin

Did you buy it from them?

can you adjust the reg? is 1050 max?

I tried to contact them a few days ago, never got an answer 😥

leel
    Participant

Back when I bought mine, they were out of the regulators for several weeks, so I bought a tank from them with out a regulator, then bought a “center flag” brand regulator that comes set at 850 psi. I put a gauge on it so that I could tell the pressure, then installed one shim on the spring inside. This raised the pressure to about 1050 psi. There are quite a few people using these tank and regulators over on the Crosman forum to power CO2 guns. The regulator makes them very consistent, makes the CO2 guns useable in colder weather, and usually gives you a good power increase. The 850 seems like a perfect candidate for doing the same.

Lorrin

photo22
    Participant

This is an HPA setup 850. Don’t know much about it but, it’s sweet looking.

walkonking
    Participant

That 850 looks great. Nice set up

tofazfou
    Participant

I too have the 22 CU. IN. wevo tank on my QB78. Skylar did the mods for me at POWER STROKE PNEUMATICS. The tank has the regulator in it and it is factory set at 850 psi. I filled it to 3000 psi and took 60 shots using 14.5 grain pellets and the velocity was the same from 1st shot to 50th shot. The next 10 shots only lost a few FPS. I think skyler just replaced the factory CO2 orings in my QB with some harder 1’s and added more tension on my mainspring for power.

And yes, that gun above is just a 850 with a FANCY name marked on it while using a HPA airtube. That alone does not justify the cost. For 700 dollars i would get a Air Arms, or Korean gun with extras or whatever. But not that gun for that much.

matteusz
    Participant

I am so the kid in the candy store. After a closer look at these things a PCP conversion for the 850 is muchmore reasonable (and from the reports I am reading does about all the same stuff). Nothing so great as an air arms or even and SS (except it is a repeater). Dominator definately not worth it.

matteusz
    Participant
    quote photo22:

This is an HPA setup 850. Don’t know much about it but, it’s sweet looking.

You can get an adapter from mac 1 and I think some other place and put a paintball tank on these. This is just the gun with and adapter and a gauge tapped into it. The tank is most likely the wevo 13ci 3000 psi version. Not too bad for under 400$.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.