Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Texan Shooting Half Mile-885 yds Video

Home Forums AirForce Texan Texan Shooting Half Mile-885 yds Video

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rrdstarr 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rifle50

Hi all,

Some longer range with my heavily modified Texan

Carl
    VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1EAIesqwHk

Attachments:

caboose212
    Participant

What tank is that?

rifle50
    quote Caboose212:

What tank is that?

Tank is a 1000cc/1 Liter LUXFER 4500 psi Carbon Fiber. It takes a 2″ extension to screw into tank and valve into it to mount on Texan Frame. You can buy them to. I have a straight and angled extensions ……..I found it/them across the pond online…………Not sure where? They advertised that only 9 yrs left of original 15 yrs life on tank tag Date, and were correct when delivered……Even then they cost $350……..I have had it now almost a year.

With the MUCH MODIFIED VALVE and NO RETURN SPRING the tank would DUMP, as not enough volume of air left upon firing to CLOSE VALVE. Installing double the air supply capacity, works very well, and picked up with heavy bullets 15 fps, as more air to keep pushing upon firing and closed valve for another shot .

Carl

caboose212
    Participant
    quote rifle50:

quote Caboose212:

What tank is that?

Tank is a 1000cc/1 Liter LUXFER 4500 psi Carbon Fiber. It takes a 2″ extension to screw into tank and valve into it to mount on Texan Frame. You can buy them to.

Carl

EDIT: I found them… Nevermind!!

I know you “bench” shoot this rifle mostly (or all the time?), i.e. shooting with some sort of rest… Have you tried shouldering it? That’s probably a silly question, since you purpose built this rifle for long range shooting only… Just figured I would ask.

rifle50

Glad you found them…….I just searched and found them too………Extension was hard and is angled ……….I bought that one and my straight one was made for me…………Unless you have a valve passing a lot more air, 1 liter tank won’t change anything. For hunting will give couple more shots I imagine……I am always tethered too………Carl

quote Caboose212:

quote rifle50:

quote Caboose212:

What tank is that?

Tank is a 1000cc/1 Liter LUXFER 4500 psi Carbon Fiber. It takes a 2″ extension to screw into tank and valve into it to mount on Texan Frame. You can buy them to.

Carl

EDIT: I found them… Nevermind!!

I know you “bench” shoot this rifle mostly (or all the time?), i.e. shooting with some sort of rest… Have you tried shouldering it? That’s probably a silly question, since you purpose built this rifle for long range shooting only… Just figured I would ask.

caboose212
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve got a Noble .257 valve… But he’s already modified a larger tank for me, so I think I’ll stick with that one for a while before I try something else. Although, I am glad I found it. It’s a tad pricey though!!

rrdstarr

When we are talking pre-chambers, would the order be: tank, regulator, prechamber then valve?
    I have a 2 litre c.f. tank, just need to make a prechamber when I start building the .300 from the extrusion.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar