Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Tank Explosion….

Home Forums AirForce General Chat Tank Explosion….

This topic contains 35 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  dwalk29 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

anthony266
    Keymaster

I grabbed this off the Yellow Forum.
    This is frightening….and extremely graphic.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1518230888463568&set=pcb.923886187623549&type=1&relevant_count=1

walkonking
    Participant

Perfect example why only DOT cylinders should be used.

tagdagger

Likely not a HPA air vessel and or grossly overfilled.

In addition to the human tragedy this is very bad for pcps in general since some people will see this and think these guns are not safe when thats simply not true.

bogman

While the tank explosion looks real, one or more of the human mutilation pics may not relate to the tank incident. Tof said one was a sniper pic that has been circulating for years. One may be legit. In any case, it’s a good warning.

Guns like Air Arms and all the Bullpups have their own style tanks. My question is: when you want to get a air tank/tube examined and tested, just to be safe, where do you send it and/or the gun? As pcps age, this will become more important, regardless of who made the tanks. :ugeekn:

walkonking
    Participant
    quote bogman:

While the tank explosion looks real, one or more of the human mutilation pics may not relate to the tank incident. Tof said one was a sniper pic that has been circulating for years. One may be legit. In any case, it’s a good warning.

Guns like Air Arms and all the Bullpups have their own style tanks. My question is: when you want to get a air tank/tube examined and tested, just to be safe, where do you send it and/or the gun? As pcps age, this will become more important, regardless of who made the tanks. :ugeekn:

You can have your tank hydro tested. Any scuba shop usually can send it out for testing or you can find on online to send it to.

tofazfou

AGREED.

People on the net love drama. Forget the 2 pics, the one of the split tank and damaged gun are 100% real. That serves as warning alone.

But the guy with the DEEPLY “GROOVED” SPLITTING HEAD ACHE are one of many that are floating around on the net of the after affects of WAR in the middle east. The split is definitely from a gunshot wound. 308 from 100+ yards aways IIRC!

stealth-78

As i can see, the bottle’s wall is very thick. In my opinion, seems to be a CO2 bottle. So, charging a CO2 bottle at arround 3000 PSI can make serious damage especially near the head. BUT,in that case, i don’t think that that face was destroyed by the explosion of that bottle. Seems to be too much damage from a crack of bottle + the air flow, without any shrapnel.

jamieinmd177

The bottle I can see exploding especially if you try to use a co2 bottle for HPA. As for the “mutilated victim” that’s BS.

onebaddj
    Participant

That would be terrifying to have that blow next to your head.

craymar

That looks just like the Hfire tanks from China. There was no way I was going to by a HPA tank from China or there valves. HPA scares me enough already.

Here is that tank on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/HFIRE-AirForce-Nitrogen-Airforce-Tanlons/dp/B00L38NU5K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1419536662&sr=8-6&keywords=airforce+air+rifle

wingman-nz

looks to me in the second pic like they have a HPA quick fill foster nipple on the bottles valve/reg.. classic case of over pressurising a low pressure CO2 cyl with HPA. The damage to the guns frame is odd though.. looks like the tank failed at the base and the valve is intact? what caused the gun damage? Possibly filling it off the gun with the gun laying close to where it blew out? Has anyone translated or got the supposed story? From what I got it says bad Chinese cylinder no good for Indonesia.
    The dismembered head shots are crap.. they are old pics Ive seen before..

chrisyboy

Warning. I bought a tank valve from Indonesia. From the guy that is always advertising stuff on eBay USA for airforce condors including moderators, tanks and hammers. Warning to everyone it was rubbish. It was leaking air from everywhere imaginable! I threw it in the bin. Lesson learned. I wont buy from him again.

horus1970

that tank is a daft thin walled micky mouse one,, i have an origional airforce bottle with damaged threads so i drilled a hole through it on milling machine to see how thick walls were, i was amazed! its VERY thick, im going to use my milling machine with slitting saw fitted and cut bottle in half long ways and will post a pic up for anyone concerned,,
    when you see how thick the walls are you wont worry anymore ha,, thicker than the wall on my rapid block where bottle holder nut screws in and valve area too, will measure wall thickness with vernier when ive chopped it up. 😆

papa-schultz
    Participant

Great Idea, Horus, I’d really be interested to see this. Thanks in advance.
    Cheers

zonk
    Participant

Yes me to as I’ve wondered how thick they really are.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar