Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

TalonTunes Aluminum Fluted Breech…

Home Forums AirForce General Chat TalonTunes Aluminum Fluted Breech…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rob3dr 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

anthony266
    Keymaster

pb0201
    Participant

I love it! How long will it last? Will it mash up the top hat?COOL!

walkonking
    Participant

That looks great,

What is the coating?

rob3dr

Just found this… definitely a weak link, especially for those of us using a heavy spring. I had another breech..brass or aluminum… that actually decreased velocity and galled the shit out of my frame. Guessing no issues like that here or you wouldnt be selling. Curious on the coating as well… how are these working out? Interested in a couple of them.

pb0201
    Participant
    quote rob3dr:

Just found this… definitely a weak link, especially for those of us using a heavy spring. I had another breech..brass or aluminum… that actually decreased velocity and galled the shit out of my frame. Guessing no issues like that here or you wouldnt be selling. Curious on the coating as well… how are these working out? Interested in a couple of them.

Anybody? Anybody out there?

anthony266
    Keymaster

Hey…
    We are selling quite a few of these with very positive feedback.
    I specifically designed them so there are no sharp Corners to gouge the frame…
    Coating is hardened anodized with laser etched logo..
    Thanks Tony

rob3dr

Since I asked, I figure I’ll give my own feedback regarding galling, velocity loss and the other issues I noted when using a different aftermarket breech.

I placed an order for one of these. I really need two, but to be honest… I was skeptical after my experience with the other.
    The package arrived today quickly and with a TalonTunes sticker (always nice to get a bonus!)

I just installed the breech in my Nobel valved .257 with the heavy spring.

I ran a few shots over the chrony and immediately noticed some erratic velocity. Here we go again, I thought… until I noticed my bottle loose on the gun :sadn: A quick tighten up on the spin lock and the set screw and I filled her back up. Velocity hitting exactly where it should be!

I fired out approximately 12 or so shots and I can say that as of yet there is ZERO galling and the breech not only looks great but feels vastly more secure and stable opposed to the delrin breech, especially given that I have a heavy spring in my gun.

Another home run from Talon Tunes. I’ll be ordering another for my Condor Airrow shooter with a heavy spring as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar