Q:

TalonP Video

Has anyone seen these videos of the TalonP?

AirforceAirguns TalonP Air Pistol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8XZfVT_7E

Airgun Prairie Dog Hunting – Airforce TalonP .25 Caliber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ASs70rO1U

TalonP (Pistol)

All Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

quote aom22:

If you go to the Adventures Afield website
http://adventuresafield.tv/
You’ll quickly conclude these are gun guys … not airgun guys.
As such, quiet is probably with respect to a centerfire rifle.

Seems to me the airgun shooter was toying around with the TalonP.
But, taking pot shots at live targets does a disservice to hunting and hunters.

They are compairing a 22 to a 17 caliber at the same speed.
But they don’t show distance and pellet wieght.
I know a 22 with a 14.9 pellet is better than a 17 with a 7.9 pellet.
But why are they standing the cans up in stead of laying them down and why are they not equaling up the pellets, for instance use a 14 grain 17 and a 14 grain 22 fired from the same type of Gun,. That evens up the odds a little, I have both in the marauder and depending on distance, the 22 is better and hits harder at 25 yards, But the 17 will streach further.
Not to mention the same expermint compairing the 308 air rifle againt the 22 magnum Powder burner, The 308 has the magnum beet at 20 yards, but the magnum out reaches the 308 in the distance.
Ive seen air rifles tested on Hollow cinder blocks and they penetrate the first one inch, My 308 will drill through a 4 inch solid block at 45 yards.
The rifle tested was I think a 45 air rifle.
Advertising wise, my 308 has as much or more power out of the box, than any production air rifle has been advertised.
And shooting 45 yards I never stand a can up I lay it down.
Also I noticed they hit the corner of the Tile. Where was their point of aim?
I’m just courious, because the tape don’t show it..
But it is good information,,Depending on what you shoot at, 45 yards is the max for an air rifle IMHO. For Deer bigger gun, Foe bird smaller gun, The smaller the caliber the better the accuracy is ,, My 308 today shot a one inch group at 45 yards, the first 2 shots was one half inch.
Same distance my 25 Talon-P will stack pellets up. And so will the 17 caliber, or the Marauder. But it wouldn’t be any use to use an air rifle at all if the accuracy didn’t match the game you are trying to kill.
I have shot Bumble bee’s off of my targets, But I could have missed by maybe one half inch if I tried it with a 308. 😀
The Tape don’t have enought information to see how they are making their decisions..
Any way it was good information Thanks,,, 😀

If you go to the Adventures Afield website
http://adventuresafield.tv/
You’ll quickly conclude these are gun guys … not airgun guys.
As such, quiet is probably with respect to a centerfire rifle.

Seems to me the airgun shooter was toying around with the TalonP.
But, taking pot shots at live targets does a disservice to hunting and hunters.

He meant it is quiet like a Condor 😀

quote synopsys:

Shooting sticks are in his left hand…

Check out the “hit” at “definitely over 100 yards” that is around 33 seconds in the second video. The fucking thing jumps and looks back at the camera… He didn’t even hit it let alone kill it and if that is 100 yards i’m fucking hitting 3/8″ kill zones in FT matches 1000 yards… 🙄

Half the video of “hits” are misses… 😕

One of the most irresponsible “hunting” videos I have ever seen. 😯
Worst PR ever for air gunning, AF should be ashamed… Profit at any cost is the new way it would appear…

I agree. My airguns cost a lot of money, but I live in the woods, and they will kill as far as a shot gun and wont mess up the meat as bad. Also you can buy a shroud for the airgun and the people around you don’t even know your just over the bank getting the best shots,. The tony shroud will work on the Talon P if you want to stay stelth. But If im in the woods I don’t really care how loud it is. The main thing to really making a good shot with the Ariforce rifle is in the scope. The gun will do it’s job if you do yours, Mine will out shoot me 100 to 1 😀 😀

Shooting sticks are in his left hand…

Check out the “hit” at “definitely over 100 yards” that is around 33 seconds in the second video. The fucking thing jumps and looks back at the camera… He didn’t even hit it let alone kill it and if that is 100 yards i’m fucking hitting 3/8″ kill zones in FT matches 1000 yards… 🙄

Half the video of “hits” are misses… 😕

One of the most irresponsible “hunting” videos I have ever seen. 😯
Worst PR ever for air gunning, AF should be ashamed… Profit at any cost is the new way it would appear…

What’s he holding in his left hand ?

The video never showed the hunter making a shot.
Is the video a fake ?

Yeah, I kind of figured the dude in the video was “off his meds” when he said it is quiet. Also, I don’t know about taking PD’s at 100 yards 😯

quote 80 GRIT:

Couldn’t tell if Eric was saying he hit that PD at 100 yards or not?? and I did not understand him saying it is “Quiet”???? How is it quiet if the barrel is at the end of that frame??? Somebody please clarify 😯

It’s not quiet, All the gun is,,, is a talon frame with a 25 calaber barrel in it 12 incehes long, and a redezigned tank. That’s it.
I now have 2 of those. One I built befor the Talo_p came out and the Talon -P,, both would be identical accept for the tank. Also the Talon-P don’t have the extra hammer weight. I had to add that, so I could shoot it at abot 3.7 on the wheel adjustment and get more shots with about the same speed. 😀

Couldn’t tell if Eric was saying he hit that PD at 100 yards or not?? and I did not understand him saying it is “Quiet”???? How is it quiet if the barrel is at the end of that frame??? Somebody please clarify 😯

quote aom22:

Has anyone seen these videos of the TalonP?

AirforceAirguns TalonP Air Pistol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8XZfVT_7E

Airgun Prairie Dog Hunting – Airforce TalonP .25 Caliber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ASs70rO1U

I have one and Love it. 😀

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.