Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

TalonP new barrel options

Home Forums AirForce TalonP (Pistol) TalonP new barrel options

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  karmical 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

karmical
    Participant

TalonP w/ mircolite bullpup installed.

Been thinking like to gain a little more fps so looking into my new barrel options.

I could just grab LW 18″ cut down to 16, crown and polish it and be done.

But its 2019, surely there are more options…

Like a TJ barrel or even CZ.
    Do not want to hear about using FX liner, but wouldn’t rule it out either.
    I want as a slug barrel, when it’s time to shoot pellets I can put the 12″ back in.

16″ but could do a 18″ threaded for LCD, 2″ isn’t that much more OAL, but I have to say I like the clean look of the barrel inside as opposed to sticking out.

Suggestions…

anthony266
    Keymaster

Did you think about upping the performance of the valve 4 more feet per second??

hoot
    Participant

Contact Tony and ask about his “special performance” valves for your gun. They are screw in simple.

Hoot

karmical
    Participant

Special performance valve…

Interesting I’ll have to reach out to Tony.

anthony266
    Keymaster

karmical
    Participant

I was considering SHO initially but thought barrel route 1st, then if not completely satisfied with fps increase would then add it to the mix.

But with Tony suggestion of valve…and you to Hoot, my reading between the lines is that fps increase would be more by upgrading the valve.

I should have asked that question actually instead, but glad to have come to the answer I was indirectly asking😁

hoot
    Participant

I’ve been there, Tried both methods to gain performance. Putting a high performance valve in the AF guns is dead certain to get you maximum fps. It raised mine so much I started shooting slugs, and this was several years ago. Rest assured Tony hasn’t stood still in squeezing performance out of his trademark valves.

Regards,

Kindly ‘Ol Uncle Hoot

karmical
    Participant

Being new to the AF platform I am playing catch up.

So SHO valve by itself or do I need a different hammer & spring as well?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar