Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Talon Tunes and other custom one piece Top Hats

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists Talon Tunes and other custom one piece Top Hats

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lifo2001 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rualert

For anyone thinking about getting one of the custom one piece top hats, don’t sit on the fence, go for it. I have been working on making one for a 30 cal conversion, with some great input from Dayotat. I’m on my third try, and learned a ton while breaking the first two, keeping my fingers crossed. Each one has taken me several hours, however I am an amateur machinist, I have a great respect for these guys and now that I have started making some little things for myself I now realize the time and effort it takes to create even what looks like a simple part. Kudos to our top notch builders, it takes quite a bit of planning, thinking, and skill to make any of these pieces.

rrdstarr

I’d like to see what you have so far!

I have been a machinist for 11 years so maybe could offer some input.

rualert

I don’t have a picture of it at the moment, but I finally got it made, also managed to get the breech made, might have to cut it down a little more and cut another o-ring groove. By the way cutting those really sucks! Anyway after getting it together to the point where I could at least test fire it a few shots, It’s freakin loud. Reason I may have to make a new breech or cut the current one down a little is so I can cut a fresh o-ring groove as I managed to blow the one at the valve end out of the back onto the stem. Need to get some Chrony numbers to see where the power is sitting, with any luck it will be at least in the 80 plus range.
    More as I get some machine time.

Casey

lifo2001
    Participant

A little bit of topic, could either off you make me a 20 J top hat for a standard 25. cal Condor. I need to tune down my Condor with a custom top hat – non modifiable (no exchangeable inserts like the Tony’s top hat) so at max power wheel it only makes 20 J with Diabolo Exact Kings (511.47 FPS).

rrdstarr
    quote lifo2001:

A little bit of topic, could either off you make me a 20 J top hat for a standard 25. cal Condor. I need to tune down my Condor with a custom top hat – non modifiable (no exchangeable inserts like the Tony’s top hat) so at max power wheel it only makes 20 J with Diabolo Exact Kings (511.47 FPS).

Are you in the UK?

lifo2001
    Participant

No, but I am in EU.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar