Skip to toolbar

Talon SS

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists Talon SS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    benfishin2day
    Participant

Is there anyway to decrease the “hammer slap” on my Talon SS

I know there are some after market hammers out there……….will they take care of the hammer slap ???

walkonking
    Participant

You can turn you bolt on a lathe and insert an oring or adhere some similar material to the bolt to decrease the sound. Remember it can lower you velocity. Due to it dampening the hammer strike.

jaho
    Participant

I just put a rubber washer between my hammer and my breech piece. Worked fine, but the gun did not like my usual 195 bar fill any more. I had to turn up the power wheel a few notches to get it to open the valve properly when full. At first (on PW setting 4) I was seeing POI drop by 3″ at 25 yards when full.

Noise was not noticably different, but I was at the powder burner range and wearing ear pro. I’ll take ‘er out hunting tomorrow to see how she does.

Gun is a Talon SS with a frame extender and 24″ barrel in .22. It was a bit windy today, but I did manage a ~0.3″ one hole ragged group at 25 yards when the wind died briefly. I was pretty happy with that. Didn’t chrony today, so no numbers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.