Talon "BLING" Build

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists Talon "BLING" Build

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    rustykfd
    Participant

I am not a bling guy but I am sure someone will get a kick out of this. I am building this Talon for my buddy. He is going to run it on a regulated paintball tank with the CO2 adapter.

Here is what I am starting with

Safety removed, trigger group gets some moly, and grip comes off

New grip frame before cutting

New frame roughed out

New frame and grip installed, still a little work to do but you get the picture

This Talon will get a Chrome 🙄 Frame Extension. I will post some photos as things progress. At least I can count on him chasing all the birds to me.

Rusty 😛

walkonking
    Participant

Good job. You are going to love how it feels. Welcome to the club 😆

photo22
    Participant

WOW….your bling is kicking 😀

rustykfd
    Participant

Finished the frame extension (baffled) today.

Now this talon has the new grip, polished tophat, polished barrel, lubed trigger group contact points with moly, vented frame, vented bushing, frame extension.

Here is the pic

photo22
    Participant

WOW…now that is flashy 😀 . Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riffraff
    Participant

Thats actually pretty neat looking.

I wonder how hard it would be to pseudo-chrome the frame?

bodhisdad
    Participant

Thats different, cool to see some going in a different direction. I like the bling, a;; the more so with the chrome. Nice work.

rustykfd
    Participant

We did some shooting with this setup on the chrono and the consistency was amazing.

We still need to boost the psi, but it is shooting in the 630 range with 3 fps deviation for ever……we didn’t shoot it till it dropped but I am guessing over 100 shots this way.

With some more tweaking for higher regulated pressure I think this will be a tack driver with extremely consistent velocities.

Will post more as we tweak on the “Bling Machine”

Rusty

eric1200
    Participant

Hey Rusty shot some today. The more I shoot this thing the more I like it. (Even with the BLING). Thanks again for all your help. Eric

rustykfd
    Participant

I am glad your happy with it, maybe you can scare some birds to me to shoot tomorrow 😀

Rusty

rabbits
    Participant

very nice mate welldone .looks a right cracker now .whats next in the pipeline for the modding

rustykfd
    Participant

Ok been busy with this one.

Stock Reg setting is 800psi and shoots around 635 w/ 14grain WC at PW1-10

Bumped the reg to 1350psi and it is getting 775 at PW6-10 and down to 600 at PW0

The tophat doesn’t seem to make much difference with the reg/CO2 adapter setup.

This is with the 18″ .22cal stock barrel.

It is very consistent in velocity.

Oh and I made him a slip on camo barrel cover to hide the chrome when hunting. 8)

rob3dr
    Participant

Sharp looking rig!

bodhisdad
    Participant

Got some ali tubing same as yours today. What did you use as a endcap??

I have a PVC shroud setup as well, but have reservations on how well it will stay centered. The ali 1″ tubing is a nice tight fit and it will polish up nice, not to mention i have alot of silver/ali bits and pieces on already. Love the look and keep up the good work.

rustykfd
    Participant

I will not accept credit for finding the tubing for the extension.

I am embarrassed to admit that I let Eric talk me into building it out of 1 1/4 drain pipe. 😳 It is chromed copper thin wall pipe. Available at most home improvement stores, this came from Home Depot.

The other pieces I turned from black delrin (visible), white delrin(baffles), and some pvc pipe for spacers. One note is that epoxy will not hold this combination together, but CA (hobby grade superglue) is holding up well.

It did turn out looking pretty good, I must admit.

The pieces before assembly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.