Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Talon P And AF Tanks

Home Forums AirForce TalonP (Pistol) Talon P And AF Tanks

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  anthony266 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

anthony266
    Keymaster

All AF tanks will fit Talonp

TalonP tank will fit in all AF rifles.

The TalonP valve will not fit in the larger AF tanks.

Thanks, Tony

ssshooter

Good to know. So you can reduce power with a talon tank on a talonp gun. Nice.

hoot
    Participant

Wait a minute…I’m confused.

Tony said the AF tanks will fit a TalonP. The TalonP tank fits Talon rifles.

However, the TalonP valve will not fit the larger tanks. If that is so, then you can use a larger tank on the TalonP, BUT…you must use a standard AF tank’s valve.

Therefore, if one wanted to beef a TalonP up the odd caliber or so, say to .35 caliber, then he could put a 22 ci tank on the TalonP, and use one of the “hot” Condor valves in that tank on the TalonP….is that correct?

The outside threads on the AF tanks are standard, but the internal valve threads differ between the TalonP and Talon rifles. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Befuddled….

Uncle H 😯 😯 t

tcmalker
    quote Hoot:

Wait a minute…I’m confused.

Tony said the AF tanks will fit a TalonP. The TalonP tank fits Talon rifles.

However, the TalonP valve will not fit the larger tanks. If that is so, then you can use a larger tank on the TalonP, BUT…you must use a standard AF tank’s valve.

Therefore, if one wanted to beef a TalonP up the odd caliber or so, say to .35 caliber, then he could put a 22 ci tank on the TalonP, and use one of the “hot” Condor valves in that tank on the TalonP….is that correct?

The outside threads on the AF tanks are standard, but the internal valve threads differ between the TalonP and Talon rifles. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Befuddled….

Uncle H 😯 😯 t

I don’t know what you’re confused about. I’m a noob but even I understand what Tony’s saying.

In summary, TalonP can use ANY of the airforce tank. If you want to keep it “hot”, then use the stock 13ci TalonP tank or the condor tank. But since the TalonP has the direct flow valve it will be “hotter” than the condor tank. If you want to use the 22ci paintball tank, you either have to remove the valve assembly (regulator??) from the TalonP tank and replace with the 22ci tank. Or you can possibly order one from airforce.

I recently bought a 22ci guerrilla tank (this product is discontinued and VERY EXTREMELY hard to find, pm me if you want to know where I got it from). I had a hell of a time removing the regulator and the regulator was destroyed. No biggie, I don’t plan on using that anyway, just need the tank. I have email airforce staff about ordering the talonP valve assembly and they haven’t got back to me yet. Will update.

bikeboy73

i added a maddog stock and a hi flow tank to my talon p

tcmalker
    quote bikeboy73:

i added a maddog stock and a hi flow tank to my talon p

looks nice, but I bet it’s loud as heck…
    you’re going to need an LDC

braap

Take a new Talon-P gun, what would be the approx ft/lb energy loss going from the small Talon-P tank/valve to the highflow Condor tank/valve, same PW setting (mid point for example), shooting the same pellet and using the same TT Quick Change Top Hat in both tanks with no inserts to eliminate variations from TopHat settings?

anthony266
    Keymaster

Paul,
    Both tanks will have the same energy because they both have the same fill pressure and valve.
    You will get 3-5 times the amount of shots with the larger high flow tank.
    Tony

lighthorse

try JoeB He has the 21ci tanks that the TalonP reg will fit. Just unscrew it off the TalonP tank and put it on the new tank.
    The tanks are not on his site so call. He said he has a couple of hundred of them.

http://www.airtanksforsale.com/

When you are removing the reg and it seams stuck use a tourch and and heat the tank at the threads a little, Not a lot just a little.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1ixiN9pz4Q About 3:56 in

loic

does it possible to use talon p valve on paintball tank without adaptator?
    sorry for my english

loic

help please

olschool

Yes, the TalonP valve is the same thread as the pb tank

kinoko

so i assume talonP valve is the same as escape ss? since it has same size bottle and barrel length

or talon p has the same valve as hi flow condor tank?

anthony266
    Keymaster

Same exact tanks….

rrdstarr

Tony?
    What’s the difference, on the frame, between the TalonP and the Talon?

Thanks, Rick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar