Q:

Talon/condor vs a 22LR?

Hi, Im new to the whole airgun thing. I was wondering how the talon ss and the condor compare to say a 22LR firearm pistol in terms of penetration etc. Thanks

Also, could I get some info on how to fill the air? I understand there’s the hand pump and the scuba tanks. How many refills will a scuba tank be good for? Does it cost a lot of money to refill the scuba tank? How about purchasing one? Thanks

Talon/Talon SS

All Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

1 2
quote ronaldpdq:

Thanks for the welcome and advice guys.

How long does it take to pump one up using the hand pump? I’m less concerned about the difficulty than the time; I’m very impatient.

Also how hard is it to change the barrels and how long does it take? Is there a way to legally supress the 24″?

It looks like you live in an area where scuba shops or paintball shops could fill a tank easily. Filling with a tank is much faster then a pump. If you want the gun quiet go with the Talon SS it is good for most airgun needs. You live near Mac1 airguns. He sells the Aiforce line of airguns and could demonstrate how loud the 24″ barrel is for you. But you might find the Talon SS more for your needs if you want the gun quiet.

Here is Mac1 info
Mac1 ORDER BLANK

13974 Van Ness Ave. Gardena, Ca. 90249

PHONE 310-327-3581 FAX 310-327-0238

Web-site: http://www.mac1airgun.com/

Thanks for the welcome and advice guys.

How long does it take to pump one up using the hand pump? I’m less concerned about the difficulty than the time; I’m very impatient.

Also how hard is it to change the barrels and how long does it take? Is there a way to legally supress the 24″?

A police department conducted an experiment with children and handguns. They set up some tables in a room and placed backpacks on them. One of the backpacks contained an unloaded pistol. Then children were sent in on some pretense. Obviously, some kids found the pistol. The children who had been raised around guns stopped others from touching the pistol, and sent for help. Children who had been raised in a “guns are not for kids”, or “guns are evil” household, played with the pistol, pointing it at each other and pulling the trigger. All of this was monitored on closed circut TV. The parents of the firearms educated kids were pleased to see that their teachings had been well learned. Parents of the children who were raised firearms ignorant were shocked and dismayed by their childrens behavior. This group of kids mimicked the wrecklessness taught by Hollywood. Which group do you want your kids to belong to?

Please understand that I am not picking on you personally, and welcome to air gunning 😀 I am just saying that ignorance is never a thing. Many mothers are dead set against their kids handling guns of any type…”you’re gonna shoot you eye out!”. And I don’t for a moment suggest that kids should be turned loose with any type of gun, even a Daisy Red Ryder, without competent adult supervision.

The hand pumps is a great tool that never runs out of air, (as long as you can work it; and it is work). The SCUBA tank is easy to minipulate, but it is a bomb! 80 cubic feet of air compressed to 3000 psi deserves respect. In my opinion, it deserves as much respect as all guns do. If you have cruised this forums Hunting section, then you should already know what types of animals are being taken with these types of air guns. If you haven’t checked it out, you might want to, but without your kids watching. The pictures are very graphic. Like any questionable material, I believe that you should screen this stuff before letting you kids view it.

Again, welcome.

I called pyramid and asked about the 24″ barrels and they said those are not suppressed. Is there a way to get one? I’m concerned about staying legal of course. Thanks

Also, how quick/easy is it to change the barrel?

anti gun troll perhaps?

Nothing wrong with teaching your kids to safely handle and shoot firearms/airguns at a young age. Its the only way you can instill the respect they need to have for the guns. Its better that you teach them that than them finding a gun for whatever reason and trying to figure it out on their own in someones back bedroom with the parents gone. It doesnt have to be in your house that they find them.

I myself was brought up shooting guns. I introduce my children to shooting even before they could hold a long rifle by themselves. I feel confident that both my kids would not misuse or mis respect a firearm. On the other hand, Ive taken guys from work out to shoot who have never shot before and have had my vehicle shot as well as many “oops” misfires. These were from guys who had just bought new guns and wanted to go shoot them. I wont do that again unless I get to hold the guns until ready to shoot. I dont care if it is their damn gun.

Teach them young and teach them well. Ignorance will get them killed.

Follow the rules of firearms with the airguns and safety will not be an issue.

Look at this link and it will show you a lot about these guns.

http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=359

I was speaking in terms of accidents obviously; not letting kids actually shoot them, although many people let their kids shoot firearms (I don’t). Thanks for the info

Can you/someone go through what all one has to do to fill the air and stuff, and contrast the pump etc? I’m fit enough to do the hand pump but I’m concerned about conveneince and it being a PITA etc. How many fills can you get from a scuba tank?

quote ronaldpdq:

What if someone were accidentally shot in the head with a heavy 22 air rifle bullet though, I have kids so this is a concern.

Any projectile no matter what the caliber from an airgun hitting someone in the head could be terminal. Best not to aim a loaded gun of any sort at the kids head 😆

Airguns should only be used with the most extreme safety being practiced. Keep the airguns locked up in a safe and with trigger locks if you have children. Better safe then sorry. The Airforce airguns are not TOYS and children should only handled them with adult supervision.

What if someone were accidentally shot in the head with a heavy 22 air rifle bullet though, I have kids so this is a concern and I keep seeing posts where they got through 3/4″ plywood; that’s pretty thick.

In terms of power the Firearms is going to win hands down. But if you are shooting small prey then a Condor and Talon will have plenty of power to drop the prey. The benefit of an airgun is it does not travel over extended distances like a 22lr it is much safer in many locations due to this fact.

Viewing 11 replies - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.