Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Taipan Mutant Shorts Are In….

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Taipan Mutant Shorts Are In….

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  anthony266 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

dman1114

The .25 mutant will not be just a barrel upgrade.

It will be based off the existing actions but It is being redesigned to handle the Larger calibers :whistle: ….

Think of it like the mutant’s Big Brother. 600mm, 700mm, 800mm…. short std and long.

rickm

I haven’t touched my shorty and yesterday I shot thru the chrony and I’m getting an avg of 808 with 18’s and 830 with 16’s.

hoot
    Participant
    quote dman1114:

The .25 mutant will not be just a barrel upgrade.
    It will be based off the existing actions but It is being redesigned to handle the Larger calibers :whistle: ….
    Think of it like the mutant’s Big Brother. 600mm, 700mm, 800mm…. short std and long.

:hoot:

Given the quality construction of the existing Shorty…that makes sense. The guy seems to take care of details!

Hoot:

dman1114

Mr hoot….

I was reading your post…

You say your gun is shooting 799 fps and your getting 28 shots… what’s your fill level?

With the hat maxed out yes you may be getting higher speeds but your also wasting..

Sounds like your gun needs a tune.

The shorty is capable of 30 shots at 865 (possibly more) with the 18.1s…

hoot
    Participant

What constitutes a “tune”?

The valve is probably best left alone by those lacking the proper skills and equipment.

That leaves the regulators air chamber capacity enhancement (i.e.:your modified spacer) which I have but not yet installed. Moving the regulator setting up a few Bar would seem to be in order, then the HST could be fine tuned to find the “sweet spot” for that reg setting.

The problem is having limited knowledge of the Mutant regulator, specifically “How” to adjust that item. Is it a simple matter of turning an adjustment screw, as in which way is up and how many turns, or does one have to tamper with the pressure washer stack?

If someone could add to our knowledge base in thIs area, we would all benefit! This information doesn’t grow on trees, no one has posted a “How To” video, or written instructions on reg adjustment. and I didn’t even get an owner’s manual with my gun.

I tried to help by finding enough YouTube videos to get the novice into the gun and back out, but no one has posted any performance enhancement videos for the Mutant. We need a bit of help here. Can you or Ernest post a walk-through set of instructions on regulator adjustment, perhaps a picture or two, for those of us brave enough to take on this task?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Kindly ‘Ol uncle Hoot:

PS: The best average pressure I can get is 3300 psi. Most of my shooting is going to be between 3300 to 2300 psi. I have to drive 60 miles (one way) to get my 150 cu ft steel tank filled.

anthony266
    Keymaster

This is the best looking and performing batch ever…..

dklic6

I just can’t believe all yall have the cocking level on the wrong side :whistle:

I’ve only had the Mutant Standard for 2 weeks, but I already want a short as well. Fantastic tools at a great price!

Dave

anthony266
    Keymaster

We just received the last of our Compacts in….
    I don’t know when we will see these again.
    Thanks, Tony

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote Anthony266:

We just received the last of our Compacts in….
    I don’t know when we will see these again.
    Thanks, Tony

Any idea if (when) we could see some .177’s? Either standard or short

iride
    Participant

Bigtinboat
    I think your going to be out of luck with a Mutant 177, I have heard of people converting the 22 short over to 177,
    I heard the 25 should be out in November, This is all hear say on my part,
    Mike

bigtinboat
    Participant
    quote iride:

Bigtinboat
    I think your going to be out of luck with a Mutant 177, I have heard of people converting the 22 short over to 177,
    I heard the 25 should be out in November, This is all hear say on my part,
    Mike

Thanks Mike – does look that way. I got a PM from Dman telling me he had gotten some conversions, but they have all sold.

No biggie, I’ll just keep an eye out and maybe pick up a cricket or vulcan .177 in the future. Not one of those need things, just something I’d like to pick up if I could.

gku
    Participant

…….. …… .. rarity increases ones desire to want.

It’s/we’re only human ……. 😉

~ Greg

hoot
    Participant

Do the new Shortys have a longer barrel?

Any idea of the date of arrival?

Hoot:

jp-over
    quote Anthony266:

This is the best looking and performing batch ever…..

Whoa – that’s pretty fantastic!

balllistic

Any ETA on a restock?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar