Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Taipan Mutant Shorts Are In….

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Taipan Mutant Shorts Are In….

This topic contains 32 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  anthony266 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

anthony266
    Keymaster

Are here at Talontunes
    Authentic CZ barrels and spare mags will be available….$1185.00

Taipan Veteran Compact .22 CZ Barrel

foxback

Get-em while their hott!!!! :suprisedn:
    With the CZ barrel too, nice.

Can’t wait for the 25. shorty’s Tony. :8:

hoot
    Participant
    quote foxback:

Can’t wait for the 25. shorty’s Tony. :8:

:hoot:

Be careful what you wish for. If the Mutant’s in .25 caliber are built to suit the caliber, then it will be a good buy.

However, in the past some makers have simply added a .25 barrel to the .22 action. This probably won’t make a lot of difference in the Standard length, but the Shorty, in my experience, at 23″, is pretty much maxed out for power and shot count. Performance of .25 caliber, in that short of a gun, is an “Iffy” thing.

Until we get one in hand, and see some results on FPS/FPE and shot count, well…have you noticed no one has been bragging about the .25 caliber Leyla? At least I haven’t been able to find any comments on them in the larger caliber. Sometimes the maker can go a caliber too far in a fast selling model in an attempt to make a quick change over to another popular caliber.

Keep us posted. The results should be interesting.

Hoot:

fatdude

currently the vulcan is shortest most compact full power 0.25 bullpup (same size as standard mutant and lighter). It also has side cocking lever and with the new side-lever modification featured on this forum, it looks to be good competition for the new 0.25 mutant.

miksatx
    Participant

Ordered mine this morning. It’s a .22.

bf1956

are the 3 dimples just ahead of the action eliminated?

bf1956

oh and is there any other brand fill probes i.e. cricket that are compatable with mutant?

dman1114
    quote miksatx:

Ordered mine this morning.

U must be talking but the Vulcan …. cause the m25 is still in testing phase.

quote bf1956:

are the 3 dimples just ahead of the action eliminated?

The m.25 will be using LW barrels so no dimples….

iride
    Participant

Fatdude
    I never held a standard Mutant just my 22 short,
    But if the Vulcan 25 is indeed lighter than the Mutant standard,
    Mark me down as impressed, But I have not seen the weights of each gun side by side,
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    Mike

bf1956

I am looking at the .22 cal. mutant compact that tony just posted recently.

dman1114
    quote bf1956:

The shorty doesn’t have dimples…. the barrels are cut from the breach end so u lose the dimples

fatdude
    quote iride:

Fatdude
    I never held a standard Mutant just my 22 short,
    But if the Vulcan 25 is indeed lighter than the Mutant standard,
    Mark me down as impressed, But I have not seen the weights of each gun side by side,
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    Mike

Here we goes (old vulcan is shorter & lighter – new buttpad on new vulcan maybe make it longer now)
    Vulcan = 2.9kg, Length 680mm (http://www.krale-schietsport.nl/en/vulcan-bullpup.html#all_specifications)
    Mutant standard = 3.2kg 705mm (http://www.balistas.com/air-rifles/taipan-air-rifles/taipan-mutant-55mm/)

hoot
    Participant
    quote bf1956:

How is that possible? You don’t even live in the same state, he couldn’t possible have shipped that gun to you that fast!

If you really are looking right at it, post a picture of it in your hand and prove it!

Hoot:

PS: When I was young, Sister Mary Hippo told me you go straight to hell if you lied, especially to a Nun!!!!

foxback

Uncle Hoot……. :hoot:

I think the shorty in 25. will be a great little puppy too be had.
    From what Jamie, has said & looking at the 22. shorty with it’s great reg.

Not sure if the Leyla is regged or not.
    But if the shorty, got only two mags worth, of shots, it still would kick ass.

But the word on the street says, it will get least 30.
    The 25. shorty, will have a few surprises. :mrgreen:

hoot
    Participant
    quote foxback:

Uncle Hoot……. :hoot:

I think the shorty in 25. will be a great little puppy to be had.
    From what Jamie, has said & looking at the 22. shorty with it’s great reg.

The 25. shorty, will have a few surprises. :mrgreen:

Dear Mutant rabid mammal…

There are two potential outcomes here…either the .25 Shorty comes up “short” (snort!!!)

Or the existing HST assembly, valve, and regulator will have enough reserves to put functional pressure on that pellet, and make it work with an 11″ barrel. That’s a pistol barrel and, barring substantial changes, one should expect pistol results.

Owning the .22 Shorty , I just don’t see the potential there. In the past, when this was tried with both the .25 and.30 calibers of other brands, the valve stems broke, the hammer wasn’t heavy enough to open the valve far/long enough, a heavier hammer spring had to be added, weights added to the hammer, and at times the regulators would fail early because the pellets, sometimes twice the weight of a .22 was just a bit too much. “Old Goat” got the first .25 Edgun in the US, which was pretty much a .22 Matador with a .25 barrel, and trust me, it took him and Ed, and a bunch others back then, a good while to get the various parts problem resolved.

However, if the Taipan owner is really on his game, and doesn’t try to push existing hardware beyond it’s limits, uses a heavier hammer/spring, beefs up the valve stem, and adjusts the regulator to provide at least 50 FPE, then it might be a winner. I can’t see it getting 30 regulated shots, not with an 11″ barrel. The .22 gets 28 shots on the regulator in my gun, and that’s HST maxed out at 799 FPS with JSB 18.1gr pellets.

I did get one of Dman’s Cottage Cheese reg spacers, but haven’t got around to installing it. I’m hoping to at least get up into the low 800 FPS range. If someone could tell me how to adjust that regulator up a bit, I would be very happy to get 850 FPS…any takers out there, Jamie? I couldn’t find a video of anyone doing that. I know how to take it out, but not which way, or how, to adjust it up. Plus, my Mutant did not come with a manual…which I believe the new ones will.

If I’m wrong…someone needs to correct my statements. I’m old and feeble-minded…

Hoot:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar