Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Taipan mutant

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Taipan mutant

This topic contains 47 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  rowdy 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

motorhead
    Participant

I would check the rear velocity adjuster … unscrew it and make sure the hammer ( rear of it ) can freely slide in & out of the adjusters guide hole.
    If the hammer had wedged itself / seized into the adjuster cap ? there is whats holding it from firing.

bf1956

Hello again , tried removing thre hammer spring adjuster by loosening the allen set screw. Would back out slightly and no more, removed set screw and upon closer inspection there seems to be a nylon dowel that rides in a radius on top side of the adjuster preventing it from being removed. Question is how to remove the nylon dowel. Oh and the hunt is upon here in Wisconsin .

motorhead
    Participant

makes no sense … with the small 2mm cinch screw loose on receivers rear left side the Brass HST adjuster should screw right out … THAT IS ?
    Unless the hammer is seized into it. If thats the case you will need to remove trigger areas cover plate, pop off the spring holding the reset link and remove the link. This will allow the hammer to be extracted along with the HST adjuster.

It is the REAR MOST link ( Right side of pic )

As too the nylon piece within the HST cinch screw hole ( seen in picture high right side ) … it only presses against the threads of HST adjuster and there is no groove etc it rides within. NOT your problem !!

iride
    Participant

I wonder if this guy ever got the gun fixed?
    and why it was not firing
    Mike

rowdy
    Participant

I have been really wondering if this was ever figured out and fixed also…The trigger assembly on these rifles is the single best assembly on a air rifle built…

This certainly is not the norm for them, very interested in knowing what is the problem with his…

iride
    Participant

Sometimes its the nut behind the wheel.
    I know when to send a gun in for repairs ,
    Mike

bf1956

Hey sorry fella’s for not getting back. Mutant is still down need to get at hammer and spring for it is cocked and can trip sear . haven’t been able to get adjuster out. Greg says one turn out push adjuster in and repeat with caution. It;s been awhile any new PCP’s ?

bf1956

Oh by the way iride it is probable about the nut ! Might have to ship out , any recomends on repairs .

iride
    Participant

I would go with the dealer of the Taipan, Give Tony a call at T.A.G and see what he recommends,
    I would go for a full Tune replace all O rings and polish the rough edges,
    Mike

bf1956

Thanks iride, will do and post when I get it back.

hoot
    Participant

Back out your Hammer Spring Tension knob.

Kindly ‘Ol Uncle Hoot:

bf1956

Update on none working Mutant. Sent to Charlie at Georgia Airguns, gets it calls me and says nothing is wrong with it. He claims it is fine. So did something in shipping transit cause it to come unjammed ? What the Fook?

iride
    Participant

Wow thats pretty strange, I would still have him change out all orings and give it a tune , Not sure what it would cost , But I know shipping is not cheap.I used to send new guns to Earnest and tell him to change out O rings and give it a tune, Its still shooting good after seven years,
    Mike

hoot
    Participant

Hammer spring got backed out during shipping.

If the hammer spring is in too far, the gun will not cock. Even 1/8th turn can make a difference. Bouncing around in a UPS/FedEx truck did the trick.

Hoot:

bf1956

Hey Fella’s thanks for the feed back ! If it should happen again I will package it up real good and throw it the dryer with no heat.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar