Q:

Taipan mutant

Taipan standard .22 is cocked .and will not discharge. Any ideas as for why, your input is needed. Thank’s in advance

Taipan Air Rifles

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

1 2 3 4

Have you taken the breech off to be sure that the cocking lever is engaging the hammer? Not sure how it would NOT engage but it’s worth checking as it’s only two 3mm screws to remove. Here is one of Ernest vids that shows how to remove the breech.

Is there spring tension when you pull the lever back? There was a post by Endo where one of the sears was engaging automatically due to air blow by from the hammer. A quick trigger adjustment sorted it out. I’ll find the thread and link it here in case you haven’t seen it.

Thank you Larry W. I think this is the post Iam referring to.

There is a post, a couple of years back by DonnyFl after a Fuxing sesssion, resulting in a no cocking condition. I don’t have the time to find it but I think a improper trigger adjustment was the problem.
Good Luck you will figure it out.

LarryW :winkn:

Judging by a post way back when I am thinking the same. Will check it later, thank’s Greg.

So, the shear is not engauged with the hammer spring compressed ?

All was good with the trigger linkage, I do not think that it is cocked after all. So what’s next ?

Would have the L keys but already have these on hand…

Thanks Bizill,

Good deal I’m sold on them drivers to, added them to my list.
One thing I like about the L type is the added leverage it has on the shorter end when you need it.

~ Greg

I second the Bondhus. I’ve got the driver set in both standard and metric. Good stuff that is inexpensive.

Thank’s again Greg, got them ordered will be here Sunday. Gotta love Amazon.

I’ve been using these way before Edgun Brian recomended the RC hobbie type, it’s good value.

– Greg

Hey thanks Greg, I’ll check that out. I removed the pellet with a cleaning rod, but will still maintain a safe work ethic. Ineed some quality allen wrenches, any recommendations?

Hum …….. Okay, I see.

Yes it does sound like the trigger rod/linkage slipped out of the clamp down on the receiver side.
The gun is in an unsafe condition, be safe and keep the muzzle pointed clear line to a pellet trap.
Wear safety glass or a full face shield !

Remove the action from the stock and remove the trigger group cover, keep the action laying on it’s right side till the cover is replaced.
Careful the gun might fire, loosen the small trigger rod hold down hex screw.

To loosen I placed a Alan key to hold the bracket from rotating/in position.
You should see the trigger move forwards then re-tighten the hold down screw.

To tighten a larger Allen key on the top of the bracket.

Be careful and fire the cambered pellet out to make the gun safe.
Do not re-cock the gun yet !

Loosen the trigger rod hold down screw again.
Move the trigger to the position in which you can engage the safety, this is when the trigger blade doesn’t move forward or back when holding the rod still.
With the safety engaged re-tighten the hold down screw.
Test cock, remove the gun out of safety and fire.

~ Greg

Ain’t done nothing but took the stock off thinking linkage came undone. It was completely encased and I am not about to disassemble so I put the stock back on.

happened to me once – when I screwed in my HST all athe way – gun wouldn’t cock.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

1 2 3 4
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.