Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Taipan mutant

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Taipan mutant

This topic contains 47 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  rowdy 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

larryw22
    Participant

There is a post, a couple of years back by DonnyFl after a Fuxing sesssion, resulting in a no cocking condition. I don’t have the time to find it but I think a improper trigger adjustment was the problem.
    Good Luck you will figure it out.

LarryW :winkn:

bf1956

Thank you Larry W. I think this is the post Iam referring to.

jjmaine

Have you taken the breech off to be sure that the cocking lever is engaging the hammer? Not sure how it would NOT engage but it’s worth checking as it’s only two 3mm screws to remove. Here is one of Ernest vids that shows how to remove the breech.

Is there spring tension when you pull the lever back? There was a post by Endo where one of the sears was engaging automatically due to air blow by from the hammer. A quick trigger adjustment sorted it out. I’ll find the thread and link it here in case you haven’t seen it.

jjmaine

Here it is. It is a looong thread (but an excellent read). The post I’m talking about is on page 5 where you see the picture of the trigger housing. Hope it helps, good luck!

http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=32414&start=80

bf1956

JJMAINE thank’s Bud! Printed it off and when I get home will check it out. And again thank you all for responding. I really like this place.

iride
    Participant

Wow, This is killing me
    You got it fixed yet?
    Keep us posted ,
    I am sure its going to be so simple.
    Sometimes I just have to walk away, And come back another day, Fresh and new.
    Mike

bf1956

Dang it that wasn’t the fix. It is cocked the sear engages but when tripped nothing. I need a picture with the side plate removed and uncocked. freakn crows fallin of the limbs laughin at me!

darryl
    Participant

bf1956 have you tried backing the trigger’s 2nd stage out (as in lightening the second stage)? Good luck with it.
    Darryl

bf1956

Yes Daryl I did one full turn and screw was tight . Thought it would break before let go. I got to go back and see if I can find a pick of the side plate removed showing the uncocked action. Got a HW 100 that has leaked from new , out side of that the rest of them have been ok. Taipan has been my go to and now I’m all alone!

gku
    Participant

Increase first stage travel 1 turn in……..

bf1956

This is the deal I don’t know much about pcp but I can say is with the side plate off it appears that it is cocked. when I manually trip the sear every thing drops down and the hammer should release right? Well it doesn’t. I will try to get a picture up but it will be awhile. Thank you Greg.

gku
    Participant

So the hammer spring is compressed ….. ?
    If so sounds like something is holding the hammer from releasing.
    If it wss my gun I’d try and back out remove the HST and remove the hammer and spring.
    Hum….. spring could be broken or causing a jam ?

bf1956

Can I do this with out degassing ?

gku
    Participant
    quote bf1956:

Can I do this with out degassing ?

Yes you can ….. but remember because of this the gun can still fire .. point in a safe direction !

The HST will need to be pushed in with every turn out ….
    With the extra tension It will suddenly eject so be extra cautious Sir !

bf1956

Will do Greg.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar