Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

Taipan mutant

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Taipan mutant

This topic contains 47 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  rowdy 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

bf1956

Taipan standard .22 is cocked .and will not discharge. Any ideas as for why, your input is needed. Thank’s in advance

gku
    Participant

Cocked and will not release the hammer or cocked and releases the hammer but no air is expelled out of the barrle ?

What did you do last to the gun ?
    Did you loosen the 4 frame hex bolts ?

– Greg

bf1956

Hey Greg was nice to see you reply. Did nothing since the last time I shot it and it was spot on. This my go to gun for pesting around the house. last evening went to dispatch a problem at the birdbath, was sure I had the safety off and nothing. So double check and the safety is working. And like the prepost states the it is cocked I believe but the trigger goes all the way back and nothing. When I tried cocking thinking it wasn’t the lever goes all the way back like it is already cocked. Hope this helps.

fatdude

happened to me once – when I screwed in my HST all athe way – gun wouldn’t cock.

bf1956

Ain’t done nothing but took the stock off thinking linkage came undone. It was completely encased and I am not about to disassemble so I put the stock back on.

gku
    Participant

Hum …….. Okay, I see.

Yes it does sound like the trigger rod/linkage slipped out of the clamp down on the receiver side.
    The gun is in an unsafe condition, be safe and keep the muzzle pointed clear line to a pellet trap.
    Wear safety glass or a full face shield !

Remove the action from the stock and remove the trigger group cover, keep the action laying on it’s right side till the cover is replaced.
    Careful the gun might fire, loosen the small trigger rod hold down hex screw.

To loosen I placed a Alan key to hold the bracket from rotating/in position.
    You should see the trigger move forwards then re-tighten the hold down screw.

To tighten a larger Allen key on the top of the bracket.

Be careful and fire the cambered pellet out to make the gun safe.
    Do not re-cock the gun yet !

Loosen the trigger rod hold down screw again.
    Move the trigger to the position in which you can engage the safety, this is when the trigger blade doesn’t move forward or back when holding the rod still.
    With the safety engaged re-tighten the hold down screw.
    Test cock, remove the gun out of safety and fire.

~ Greg

bf1956

Hey thanks Greg, I’ll check that out. I removed the pellet with a cleaning rod, but will still maintain a safe work ethic. Ineed some quality allen wrenches, any recommendations?

gku
    Participant

I’ve been using these way before Edgun Brian recomended the RC hobbie type, it’s good value.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00132CGTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

– Greg

bf1956

Thank’s again Greg, got them ordered will be here Sunday. Gotta love Amazon.

bizill

gku
    Participant

Thanks Bizill,

Good deal I’m sold on them drivers to, added them to my list.
    One thing I like about the L type is the added leverage it has on the shorter end when you need it.

~ Greg

bizill

Would have the L keys but already have these on hand…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5THF4W/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bf1956

All was good with the trigger linkage, I do not think that it is cocked after all. So what’s next ?

gku
    Participant

So, the shear is not engauged with the hammer spring compressed ?

bf1956

Judging by a post way back when I am thinking the same. Will check it later, thank’s Greg.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar