Taipan Laminate airgunUragans airgun

super Condor

Home Forums AirForce Condor/Condor SS super Condor

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ruben 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

tmz
    Participant

with regulator

without regulator

Technical Specifications:
    •Maximum Fill Pressure: 4060 psi / 280 bar
    •Kit with regulator, unique valve
    •.35 Caliber
    •Velocity: 1020+-5 feet per second/ 310ms (pellet weight 81gr/5,25g. JSB)
    •Barrel: 24 inches
    •Material of hammer – plastic
    •Weight hammer: 0,033 lbs./231gr/15g.
    •Power Adjustment: “0”
    •Air Tank Volume: 500cc
    •20-22 shots’ with refuelling

About the spring – it is the original AirForce.
    The video shows that the spring preload regulator is in the position – “0”
    The video shows and the hummer (made of plastic) and its weight is 231gr./15g.
    About the constructive – in air reducer screwed with the filling port and pressure gauge, next comes the valve body. It is the valve that makes it possible to obtain such characteristics. It is made according to an unusual scheme and has nothing to do with the regular valve AirForce. Despite the weak spring and very light hammer, the valve is able to open at pressures over 300bar. Valve is my own development. It is very easy to manufacture.

The idea to put such a valve on Condor appeared after the release of the Texan model. I think it is wrong the way in which are all manufacturers of high power rifles – increase the capacity of the springs and the weight of the hammer with the installation of various mechanisms in order to somehow it worked. My valve allows, using a much lighter hammer and a weaker spring, to get a lot more power shot.

I hope that this valve will be of interest to AirForce. And then everyone will be able to buy it and get more information. This valve can be installed in any air rifle.
    If AirForce will not be interested in this valve, it can appear after a while, for example, on the REX model from Evanix.

Over fire accuracy – 5-6cm per 100m when shooting from a simple rest.
    In the target shooting from one full air tank 500сс.

Attachments:

fomen
    Participant

I’m very interested in the “reducer” (regulator) that you have between the bottle and the tank. Did you build this yourself? What does it reduce the pressure from/to? If the bottle is at 310 BAR (4500 psi), what is it dropping to at the valve assembly? Can you make one that drops to 220 BAR (3200 PSI), but can handle 310 BAR on the bottle side?

I have a friend that has a big bore PCP who would DEFINITELY be interested in this. He’s been looking everywhere for someone who makes a regulator with e pre-chamber that can hold enough air to send a 71gr .257 lead slug down range.

Thanks…..

tmz
    Participant

I made the regulator myself. The regilator is quite normal and is adjustable in a wide range. In the video gear is set to 150bar. But the most valuable thing in this product is the valve. It is quite unusual, its own design. Thanks to him get this result – very weak spring and a light hammer was very high energy.

fomen
    Participant

If I were you, I would switch to a smaller diameter barrel (un-choked) and shoot some cast bullets. The caliber of your pellets is already considered “big bore”. You’re shooting 81 gr pellets in .35 caliber. You could shoot 75 gr cast bullets in .257 caliber, and have MUCH better accuracy results because you would be switching to a round that has a much better ballistic coefficient. Better ballistic coefficiency equates to better accuracy AND longer/flatter shots. The trouble with Big Bores is no one has been able to regulate them yet. But it looks like you’ve overcome that. I’m not crazy about the shape of the regulator you made, but the functionality is awesome. AF rifles are very hold sensitive because they flex where the bottle and valve assembly meet the frame of the gun. So many AF gun owners switch to Mad Dog rifle stocks to utilize a 1 piece stock. But with your design, it would be impossible to utilize the stock. Doug at Mad Dog does do custom work, but I don’t think he could do anything to accommodate the design of your regulator.

But I aid all that to say this…… If you took the time to make (mill) your own regulator for a large caliber air rifle, then utilize it to it’s fullest. Change out the barrel to an un-choked .257 with a 14:1 twist rate, and shoot cast bullets. Buy your own bullet mold to pour them yourself. Then you will ALWAYS have ammo. You’re not married to pellets. The heavier a pellet is, the more stable it is in flight. But the ballistic coefficient of a pellet isn’t even close to the ballistic coefficient of a cast boat tail bullet. Just my 2 cents.

tmz
    Participant

JSB bullets were used because they are one of the most common and only to have an objective picture of the power. For shooting at long distances 150-200m used very different bullets, heavier. I will say again – the most important thing in all this is the valve. It can be installed in any air rifle with minimal alterations or without them, depending on the design.
    Yes, this valve enables you to send heavier bullets at greater speed than the standard valve, use the significantly weaker spring and a lighter hammer. Regardless of caliber.

tmz
    Participant

Another rifle with that valve –
    Technical Specifications:
    •Maximum Fill Pressure: 4060 psi / 280 bar
    •.25 Caliber
    •Velocity: 1000+-5 feet per second/ 305ms (pellet weight 33,95gr/2,20g. JSB)
    •Barrel: 12 inches
    •Material of hammer – plastic
    •Weight hammer: 0,033 lbs./231gr/15g.
    •Power Adjustment: “0”
    •Air Tank Volume: 390cc
    •35-37 shots’ with refuelling

Attachments:

maw

tmz is a genius!!

tmz
    Participant

tmz
    Participant

tmz
    Participant

royinidaho
    Participant

TMZ,

My 22 cal Condor SS is over 2 years old and has been off and on since birth.

Is outstandingly consistently accurate for periods of time, some long, some short.

I’m confident the problem is between the valve and the power wheel. It’s driving me nuts.

Changing top hats helps for a while then it’s on the fritz again. Quite a number of hunts have been interrupted by re-sight in sessions. Rezero and I’m back in business for an unpredictable number of shots.

I was about to pony up the dollars for the heavy hammer, heavy spring and an eBay valve until I found your thread.

So, my good friend, how do I go about getting one of these valves? I’ll beg, borrow, steal, purchase or buy a drawing and make one myself.

Regards,
    Royinidaho

ruben
    Participant

Count me as another one interested in drawings

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar