Skip to toolbar

Sub12 setup

Home Forums BullPups Taipan Mutant/Veteran Sub12 setup

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    kris
    Participant

Managed to tame the beast. All it is you have to flip the transferport the way that the original TP is facing UP. Plus put a 1.5- 2mm hole in the place where the dual TP would have been.

Also shortened the hst few coils so it won’t ping and stuff. Have detuned I.e. lowered the reg setting so can use more air while on the regulator too.
    It is superb.

kris
    Participant

Another picture

rowdy
    Participant

Nice really nice

darryl
    Participant

Sounds like an awesome mod! Got a tutorial?
    darryl

kris
    Participant

Disassembly series here

Look at Ernest vids, he is playing with the tp in this video

No need to do that
    Then he shows how to adjust the reg in this here.

Funny in my reg was the same orange crap, seems like some contamination from the compressor or some degraded lubricant. Had to clear it out. However the reg itself the best design I have seen so far.

darryl
    Participant

Is the Veteran’s transfer port the same as on the MK1 Short? Thanks for the links!
    Darryl

kris
    Participant

The TP is the bit what the barrel screws against in the action. When I look down my breech now pas the breech o ring on the bottom is the tiny 1.5mm hole no dual TP anymore that’s how you cripple the power.

By hammer spring you can’t do it as it will not hold stable fps over the full fill, plus the same lowering the reg gives you more regulated shots.
    You have to do them all 3 together one without the other two mods just upsets the setup.

kris
    Participant

can you see this

kris
    Participant

I don’t know if the Mutant has dual tp, there is a bump on the side what stops the thing from spinning that’s actually usuful and that’s why I modded the tp and not the brass valve housing. that can be rotated instead too to clip the flow it does not really matter how to restrict the flow throughput.

if you don’t restrict the TP, only detune the hammer spring preload you will end up with this scenario: low PFS with 200bar in the cylinder(or whatever the fill pressure was when you adjusted you hammer spring) but when you shoot the gun closer to 100bar, your power will not be anywhere close to the original fps, but higher. The lower the target fps the more pronounced this effect becomes. Trust me it is not tunable to 400fps only by hammer spring the way it supposed to be stable.

darryl
    Participant

Hi kris,
    In my past I’ve clipped hammer springs in unregulated PCPs to flatten the shot string. along with that cane a slight reduction in power. I’ve never tried to achieve sub-FAC power using that method, though it may have some potential. Also I’ve read of turning the barrel to partially block the transfer port, but I’ve never tried. it. Your method looks like a winner. I’d never thought of the three-step process you’re using. None of the guns I tweaked were regulated. That option was not quite so common when I was tuning those guns.

As you know from my thread, now my attention has turned to shooting slugs. I Believe I can up the power a bit more, then I’ll see how that goes for accuracy. So far only the H&N 21 grain fits my barrel. I feel the barrel needs a bit of lapping and so am currently looking for a new cleaning kit for .22. If you can recommend one, I’ll gladly consider it.
    atb,
    Darryl

kris
    Participant
    darryl
    Participant

Good morning kris,
    To update you, the JB bore paste works really well. Too well. I was too aggressive, and ruined the barrel’s ability to shoot the H&N slugs accurately. Even my Air Arms 18 grain pellets seem to have taken a hit (but maybe leading the barrel will bring the pellets back in). That’s my only hope for salvaging that barrel. I do have a Cz barrel coming. I think I mentioned that I bought the one from miksatx. Never seen a pellet, according to him. I hope it shoots as well as Petr’s mystery barrel did (before I ruined it).
    Darryl

kris
    Participant

I used the stock itself I.e. stock screws and holes to get the barrel clamp position right, last you connect the trigger linkage obviously.

YouTube videos are random, sometimes people are just stupid lucky.

Providence at work… drunken, small kids and idiots get it

For the rest of us it’s hard work lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.