Q:

Shroud question? Again…..

Why is it that the part of the shroud on 6 and 9 inch shrouds where the two o rings are the shaft is longer than the o ring part of shaft on the 14 inch shroud??? I have a condor SS with a 9 inch shroud and I have to leave one of three sound baffles out in order to get it to fit. I’m curious why that part of the shroud wasn’t made shorter to be able to leave all the baffles in the frame. I read a post that they are cutting the shroud to get it to fit. I don’t want to cut anything. Since I’m new to shrouds was that something that should have been a option when ordering? Is there science behind the lengths???

Shrouds and Moderators

All Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Yeap. We all start at the beginning and forums like this have tons of questions asked by the new guys repeatedly. No sweat crunk! Thats what the forums are for. I did not know the 6-9 inch shoruds had a longer mount. That info will be useful on my next build.

We all start somewhere 😉

Knifemaker something like this to me is simple common sense, maybe because I make both types and understand what is needed for good alignment, I think most experienced air gunners who have used LDC’s and shrouds would understand why they are made that way without the need to ask. Having said that I am glad the question was asked on the forum because it saves having to answer this question many times for individual customers. All the best, Neil.

And “THAT” is the reason why “Tony Is The MAN” !!! 😉

Knife

Cool cool I can see that working out for better fitment. I knew there had to be a reason behind it all. Thanks for explaining it.

The 6 and 9 inch shrouds have longer connectors to keep the shroud centered for a more precise fit.
The 14″ shrouds do not need the long connector because they have a barrel centering device incorporated into the unit.
Tony

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.